Locked Undefined tone name.

@@Kiscsak98,

I've been having the same problem.  If you've got tone changes in your song, go into EoF and name the tones whatever the name of the tone you are going to use, i.e. Metallica-Distortion.  Or change the name of the tone in RS Toolkit to match the tone name in EoF.  If none of that works, with your songs open in EoF, delete all your .xml files for that song, then save your song in EoF.  Load the new arrangements (.xmls) that were just saved in EoF back into RS Toolkit and create your song.  I've had this same problem for about a week and this has always fixed it.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

• Like 2

• Developer

Are you using custom tone or standard fuzz tone?  If you post link to arrangement xml, audio, and tone files I will have a look and see if there is a bug in the toolkit.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Recently, whatever tone name you are using in EoF must match the tone name in RS Toolkit or you get that error.  RS Toolkit also saves a second copy of all the .xmls, not sure why.  The only way I've been able to correct it is as stated above.

• Developer

"RS Toolkit also saves a second copy of all the .xmls, not sure why." 

We were testing saving user modifications to the XML file in the toolkit.  The new feature allows you to save last minute changes to the song information from the toolkit so that you do not have to reauthor in EOF.  The feature is fully active now an the secondary XML copy is no longer created.

"whatever tone name you are using in EoF must match the tone name in RS Toolkit" 

I am not an EOF expert.   If you are referring to the feature in EOF toolbar, Track, Rocksmith, Tone change, add, Tone key name then we probably need to ask @raynebc fpr guidance as to what the proper "Tone key names" are that are compatible with Rocksmith.   I have never used this feature in EOF.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

So is the tone naming tool function in EOF similar to phrases and sections where the user is just defining a point in time in the arrangement to apply a specific tone?  If so then the user still needs to define these tones in toolkit.

Use the PackageCreator, Edit Tone feature in the toolkit to define the tones that were named in EOF before clicking Generate should solve the problems.

I used to be able to name the tones whatever I wanted in EoF, i.e. clean, distortion, a, b, c.  As long as you didn't give the tones numbers for names, you were fine.  Then in Toolkit, you just subbed in your pre-made tone into the slot, names didn't need to match.  Now, I get the same error as above (undefined tone name: "tone you named in EoF") if they are not named exactly the same.

Not that big of a deal, just adds a few extra steps, but will probably stump a bunch of people when they get that error in Toolkit.

Thanks for all the work you guys put in, much appreciated.

• Developer

@manchot66  Please post a link to an EOF arrangement XML file that you are having this problem with. 

• Developer

@@Alex360 I found section of code that could generate this error.  I will fix when user posts link to EOF xml file to make sure I have the right area of code to apply fix.

@@Kiscsak98, great! now I know it's doesn't work(force english at exeptions), I think it'll be fixed soon so one issue will gone, 99 left xD

I really need to list all toolkit features down...

• Like 1

• Developer

Should be fixed in the latest beta build if you want to give it a try.  Don't forget you still need to fully define these custom tones that you insert in EOF.  Otherwise it is not going to sound very good.  Use the toolkit "Edit" Tones to do this..

• Like 1

• Developer

We aim to please! :) Remember if we break it, we may fix it eventually.