Rock Band 4 Coming?

hyperbeam

Question

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/01/12/after-2-year-hiatus-new-rock-band-dlc-set-for-release-is-rock-band-4-imminent/

Just saw this, Harmonix is releasing new DLC for Rock Band, should we expect RB4 in the near future? And what would it be like? Maybe they'll finally start using real instruments?

7 answers to this question

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/01/12/after-2-year-hiatus-new-rock-band-dlc-set-for-release-is-rock-band-4-imminent/

Just saw this, Harmonix is releasing new DLC for Rock Band, should we expect RB4 in the near future? And what would it be like? Maybe they'll finally start using real instruments?

I dunno, But didn't Rockband 3 Allow you to use a real guitar?

as well as their plastic (6 rows of buttons down the fret board guitar as well)

and the keyboard, wasn't a full keyboard, but it was basically real.

and the drums were pretty realistic, I remember watching a few videos of songs on Hard side by side with actually playing the song, and they were 98% exactly the same

that article looks like heavy speculation, unfortunately. new DLC doesnt exactly = RB4. its something, but not neccesarily that.

and yeah... as of rock band 3, they were about as legit as they could possibly get while still sticking with the 'game controller' paradigm. the guitar was a literal, actual, real guitar.

- guitar: plastic with an insane crapload of buttons, or real with a custom fretboard for midi output. lacks any real advanced technique detection (bends, hammer-ons, etc - rocksmith displays but doesnt actually detect most of these) but is otherwise actual guitar parts on an actual guitar.

- drums: includes all the basic drum kit functions except a hi hat pedal. i had a nice roland v-drum setup i used, and other than the hat pedal, it was completely legit.

- keys: fully legit right hand keyboard parts. the game only uses a 2 octave keyboard, whether you're using your own keyboard thru midi, or their cheap one... so it lacks the left hand parts, but as much as it can be a legit right-handed KB part, it is.

- vocals: 3 part harmonies. vocals are whatever. not complicated. fun note: any 'rap' part can be cleared on full expert difficulty by making any continuous noise. =]

... anyway... obviously i like rock band. =]  i got super into it for a while. i do hope they follow up with something impressive, and i'll be paying attention... but i'm not getting my hopes up. for now, rocksmith is the best option out there for guitar/bass.

• Administrator

BandFuse was not a Harmonix project. The failed company that produced BandFuse licensed some Harmonix technology.

But of course there will be a Rock Band 4. That property made way too much money not to be given another shot sometime in the next 5-7 years.

Well Guitar Hero is dead so i've assumed that Rock Band died too since it's been a long time they haven't done much on the game from what i've heard.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Both Rock Band and Guitar Hero was great and fun games. There is planty of plastic instruments lying around, it would be great if someone had utilized them again.

Both franchises failed to sell with RB3 and GH:WoR, and they ware probably the best games in the series, bringing the game to another level. That fail was one of the biggest surprises in my gaming life.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures