Mac: Toolkit error

RagingGlue

Question

Hello, I am having trouble.

I am trying to covert pc dlc to mac. My mac is updated to Yosemite.

Everytime I press convert in the tool kit, I get an error message with a bunch of stuff: DLC was converted from 'Pc' to 'Mac' with errors. See below: Failed to read past stream. - Then bunch of stuff.

Yes it said stream, not steam.

I have source PC and Target: Mac with the smashing pumpkins dlc selected which I have downloaded. Im trying to covert Metallica_Fade-to-Black_v1_p.psarc.

I can see my library the folder and it goes all the way to the Rocksmith folder with dlc. 

RsInjecter works fine and I downloaded Mono MRE (Mre-something like that. It started with an M, not the one that started with a D)

I don't know what could be causing this issue but help would be awesome!

11 answers to this question

Hey another person in another thread helped me out and it worked!

I just downloaded an earlier version of the toolkit build (the one that said fixed converter error message)

e0a6b0bfaa31 to be exact. Working here on 10.10. Can't test out the file now, but at least the cration does go through fine.

Ok. New to the forum.  I would like to use the toolkit to convert dlc to use on my mac.  However i can't get the toolkit to run.  I downloaded Mono version 3.10.  It appears to have installed however I still cannot use the toolkit.  I also attempted the previous version mentioned above, but it still doesn't work.  When I open the app it sits there and tries to open then doesn't respond. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

I had already xcode, but don't know is that the key to run the tool. First I installed mono sdk and it just seemed not to open the toolkit, I installed also the mre and after boot and really long wait it started and after that it opens okay everytime. Running with latest Yosemite mbpr

I discovered a couple of days ago that there is a problem with the latest Mono version for mac users. There is a post here http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/27011/fix-for-gdipcreatefromcontext-macosx-and-other-macios-gdi-issueswhere you can download a new fix for it.

Already posted over a month ago in this thread:

http://customsforge.com/topic/10547-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/