Buying RS1 DLC For Use In RS2014 Without Owning RS1

ObsidianEagle

Question

Sorry if this has been asked before, it's been annoying me for a while and it's been hard to find an answer on google.

I own RS2014 but not RS1, but I want a few DLCs from RS1. When I tried before, it would always lock me out and steam would throw up an error saying "You can't buy this because you don't own the base game". But a few days ago, I tried buying an RS1 DLC and it worked, and I was able to play it in game fine. Today I tried it again for 3 more DLCs, the first I could buy, but the other two I couldn't.

Is there any kind of pattern to what I can and can't buy, or any kind of fix?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

• Administrator

Since steam isn't made in the first place to allow people to buy DLC for games they don't own, unless this has change in the past few days which i doubt since i haven't heard anybody talk about it on any official social media about Rocksmith (maybe i've missed it??), the fact that you were able to actually buy some of them is beyond my understanding at the moment.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I think I have read comments about this seemingly random behaviour before.

But it's good to have it confirmed by you that when steam lets you buy it, you can indeed play the song!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Here's a list of songs that have had Steam's restriction removed (You can buy them without owning RS 1)

• Rocksmith™ - “Call Me” - Blondie (Rocksmith - Call Me - Blondie)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Jessie’s Girl” - Rick Springfield (Rocksmith - Jessie’s Girl - Rick Springfield)
  • Rocksmith™ - “867-5309/Jenny” - Tommy Tutone (Rocksmith - 867-5309/Jenny - Tommy Tutone)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Harder to Breathe” - Maroon 5 (Rocksmith - Maroon 5 - Harder to Breathe)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Misery” - Maroon 5 (Rocksmith - Maroon 5 - Misery)
  • Rocksmith™ - “This Love” - Maroon 5 (Rocksmith - Maroon 5 - This Love)
  • Rocksmith™ - Maroon 5 Song Pack
  • Rocksmith™ - “Eye of the Tiger” - Survivor (Rocksmith - Survivor - Eye of the Tiger)
  • Rocksmith™ - “White Wedding - Part 1” - Billy Idol (Rocksmith - Billy Idol - White Wedding (Part 1))
  • Rocksmith™ - “Here Comes Your Man” - The Pixies (Rocksmith - The Pixies - Here Comes Your Man)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Float On” - Modest Mouse (Rocksmith - Modest Mouse - Float On)
  • Rocksmith™ - “The Good Left Undone” - Rise Against (Rocksmith - Rise Against - The Good Left Undone)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Get Free” - The Vines (Rocksmith - The Vines - Get Free)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Have You Ever Seen the Rain?” - Creedence Clearwater Revival (Rocksmith - Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen the Rain?)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Ballroom Blitz” - Sweet (Rocksmith - Sweet - Ballroom Blitz)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Southbound” - The Allman Brothers Band (Rocksmith - The Allman Brothers Band - Southbound)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Jessica” - The Allman Brothers Band (Rocksmith - The Allman Brothers Band - Jessica)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Whipping Post” - The Allman Brothers Band (Rocksmith - The Allman Brothers Band - Whipping Post)
  • SteamDB Unknown App 222137 (Rocksmith - Allman Brothers Band Song Pack)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Lovesong” - The Cure (Rocksmith - The Cure - Love Song)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Just Like Heaven” - The Cure (Rocksmith - The Cure - Just Like Heaven)
  • Rocksmith™ - “The End of the World” - The Cure (Rocksmith - The Cure - The End of the World)
  • Rocksmith™ - The Cure Song Pack
  • Rocksmith™ - “Burnin’ for You” - Blue Öyster Cult (Rocksmith - Blue Oyster Cult - Burnin' for You)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Blister in the Sun” - Violent Femmes (Rocksmith - Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Cult of Personality” - Living Colour (Rocksmith - Living Colour - Cult of Personality)
  • Rocksmith™ - Blue Öyster Cult Song Pack (Rocksmith� - Blue Oyster Cult Song Pack)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Wish You Were Here” - Incubus (Rocksmith� - Incubus - Wish You Were Here)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Love Hurts” - Incubus (Rocksmith� - Incubus - Love Hurts)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Anna Molly” - Incubus (Rocksmith� - Incubus - Anna Molly)
  • Rocksmith™ - Incubus Song Pack (Rocksmith� - Incubus Song Pack)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Carry On Wayward Son” - Kansas (Rocksmith - Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son)
  • Rocksmith™ - “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’” - Judas Priest (Rocksmith - Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Comin')
  • Rocksmith™ - “Black Betty” - Ram Jam (Rocksmith - Ram Jam - Black Betty)
  • Rocksmith™ - The Clash Song Pack (Rocksmith - The Clash Song-Pack)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Should I Stay or Should I Go” - The Clash (Rocksmith - The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go)
  • Rocksmith™ - “London Calling” - The Clash (Rocksmith - The Clash - London Calling)
  • Rocksmith™ - “The Guns of Brixton” - The Clash (Rocksmith - The Clash - Guns of Brixton)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Born to be Wild” - Steppenwolf (Rocksmith - Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild)
  • Rocksmith™ - “American Woman” - The Guess Who (Rocksmith - The Guess Who - America Woman)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Surrender” - Cheap Trick (Rocksmith - Cheap Trick - Surrender)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Hangar 18” - Megadeth (Rocksmith - Megadeth - Hangar 18)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Last Nite” - The Strokes (Rocksmith - The Strokes - Last Nite)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Reptilia” - The Strokes (Rocksmith - The Strokes - Reptilia)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Juicebox” - The Strokes (Rocksmith - The Strokes - Juicebox)
  • Rocksmith™ - The Strokes Song Pack
  • Rocksmith™ - “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” - Fall Out Boy (Rocksmith - Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin Down)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Dance, Dance” - Fall Out Boy (Rocksmith - Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Thnks fr th Mmrs” - Fall Out Boy (Rocksmith - Fall Out Boy - Thnks fr th Mmrs)
  • Rocksmith™ - “I Don’t Care” - Fall Out Boy (Rocksmith - Fall Out boy - I Don't Care)
  • Rocksmith™ - “America’s Suitehearts” - Fall Out Boy (Rocksmith - Fall Out Boy - America's Suitehearts)
  • Rocksmith™ - Fall Out Boy Song Pack (Rocksmith - Fall Out Boy Song-Pack)
  • Rocksmith™ - “No Rain” - Blind Melon (Rocksmith - Blind Melon - No Rain)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Cliffs of Dover” - Eric Johnson (Rocksmith - Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Black” - Pearl Jam (Rocksmith - Pearl Jam - Black)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Jeremy” - Pearl Jam (Rocksmith - Pearl Jam - Jeremy)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Alive” - Pearl Jam (Rocksmith - Pearl Jam - Alive)
  • Rocksmith™ - Pearl Jam Song Pack
  • Rocksmith™ - “Oye Como Va” - Santana (Rocksmith - Santana - Oye Como Va)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Black Magic Woman” - Santana (Rocksmith - Santana - Black Magic Woman)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Smooth” - Santana feat. Rob Thomas (Rocksmith - Santana Feat Rob Thomas - Smooth)
  • Rocksmith™ - Santana Song Pack
  • Rocksmith™ - Foo Fighters Song Pack (Rocksmith - Foo Fighters - Song Pack)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Best of You” - Foo Fighters (Rocksmith - Foo Fighters - Best of You)
  • Rocksmith™ - “My Hero” - Foo Fighters (Rocksmith - Foo Fighters - My Hero)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Wheels” - Foo Fighters (Rocksmith - Foo Fighters - Wheels)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Times Like These” - Foo Fighters (Rocksmith - Foo Fighters - Times Likes These)
  • Rocksmith™ - “Walk” - Foo Fighters (Rocksmith - Foo Fighters - Walk)