Adding Vibrato mid-sustain or mid-bend

Snake3169

Question

Having trouble getting this one done.. ive seen very few other people do it. but...

I've been trying to add vibrato mid-sustain by doing link next to a vibrato note but it just deletes the note ALL together.. rather then looking natural like a long sustain capped off with a vibrato.. now it just shows the long sustain and the vibrato link next is entirely gone.. now if I try to add it with tech notes, it makes the whole damn note a vibrato instead of starting at where I put the vibrato tech note. Also the same trouble doing it with bends.

Anyone know how to do it without stuff getting deleted?

9 answers to this question

Hi,

You mean your GP tab looks like this :

http://i.imgur.com/ni67KUI.png

But all EOF gives you is one long sustained note with no vibrato at all? Or you get no note at all in this specific measure?

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

• Administrator

With the last EOF version the exemple of justgimmethefunk should import just fine.

to add vibrato in the middle of a sustain, just add a new note with the vibrato (and the correct fret number of course) and link both with the linknext status on the first one and you'll have your vibrato in the middle of the sustain.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Anything marked as a ghost note in EOF will not export to XML. You could author it something like this:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/midnotevibrato_zpsdee11980.jpg

The first two notes is the sustain note that turns into a vibrato note halfway. Like firekorn mentioned, you just have to use the linknext mechanism (one of the checkboxes in the "edit pro guitar note" dialog). The game will draw both of those notes as if they are one note, and techniques on the second note only take effect when that note is reached.

The second two notes is the bend note that turns into a vibrato note. This one is trickier because you have to ensure that the second note (which is linked to the first one) stays bent so you have to use a tech note on the first note to set where it bends, and then set a tech note of the same bend strength at the beginning of the second note, which will make it play in-game as a pre-bend note. That second note also has to have the vibrato status applied to it, and it should be fine to apply it to the tech note or even directly to the second note. The game will draw these notes as a single note, and the vibrato should only start when that second note is reached.

Aye, I tried doing it the way you described Rayne but in my newest custom (Phantom of the Opera) there is a part where its a full step bend, then towards the end of the bend, it gets a little vibrato.. I did it as shown, but for some reason it never shows the linknext vibrato note.. it just has the original bend.

I'll try again in my next custom with the latest build and see if it messes up

It's possible the game simply won't allow both of those techniques to be in play at the same time. You might just have to author the linked note as being a non-bent note two frets higher than the previous note, and apply vibrato to it. This should at least get the game listening for the correct pitches and may sound close enough if played properly.

• Administrator

Vibrato and bend can either be define as tech note or in the pro guitar note panel and it's not always working the same way depending on how you do it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@Snake3169 and @@raynebc

finally finished the custom, here is how it works. This is how it works for me in the game. I think its like raynebc described above. The vibrato start position is the second note.

top pic is normal view, bottom one is tech mode. if you dont like the vibrato that you get from the V status and want a custom one its going to be a little bit tricky. on the second note you start with a 2 and than with a 0 than again a 2 than a 0, depending how the vibrato goes you have to use different numbers.

In my example i used the default vibrato that you get using the V status

http://i60.tinypic.com/250pnhw.jpg