Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter (v0.9.9 released, now with Mac support and GUI!)

• 2 months later...

So if I make a custom for Rocksmith

can I upload the guitar pro file to a tab website

if I made it my self and then add drums

but first I have to find out how to add drums

as it would be easier to use your software then try to do it in tuxguitar

as I know how to do it on editor on fire

but it is your software

so I want to make sure 

All the software does is basically convert the chart from one format to another. If it's your chart, it's your tab, do with it whatever you like :)

You may have to edit the generated tab in places, as the generated rhythm isn't always perfectly accurate due to missing information.

Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de

All the software does is basically convert the chart from one format to another. If it's your chart, it's your tab, do with it whatever you like :)

You may have to edit the generated tab in places, as the generated rhythm isn't always perfectly accurate due to missing information.

OK

thanks

now I just have to find out how to do drums :D

• 4 weeks later...

So, I've been absent a little longer than I anticipated, but I can probably find the odd hour in the coming weeks to apply some polish to RocksmithToTab and eliminate the remaining bugs. I really want to get to a nice, clean v1.0 release :)

Unfortunately, since I got bug reports from various sources (e.g. this thread, email, reddit, ...) and did not properly take notes of all bugs reported, I kind of lost the overview about outstanding bugs. So I'm hoping you can help me out. Please mention all songs (official and CDLC) which are broken in some way, so that I can investigate and figure out the cause and hopefully fix it for good. That would help me tremendously :)

(One bug I already fixed is with CDLCs which feature a 5-string bass. This is the cause for the problems with the various Dream Theater songs that @@DanPro777 reported.)

• Like 2

Nice to see you working on this one again! This is not a bug but rather a new feature request:

Maybe you have been aware of the new feature "Create Metronome Bonus Arrangements" in the "Edit Arrangement" window of the Toolkit.

@@Alex360 has added it a while ago, and it produces a copy of the original arrangement, exept for adding metronome tick events to the xml.

(The benefit is that you can play the song completely on your own and hear nothing but your guitar and a metronome to keep up with the beat.)

Now when those psarcs are converted with your program, all the arrangements will appear dublicated. I have been wondering whether you were able to detect those identical arrangements and ignore them in the conversion.

Maybe Alex could even sneak some special "flag" or boolean or whatever into the arrangement, telling you that it is a Metronome Bonus Arrangement and that you should ignore it?

Here you can find some example CDLC:

http://customsforge.com/tags/ccs/Metronome%2BBonus%2BArrangement/?search_app_filters%5Bccs%5D%5BsearchInKey%5D=database_3

I hope you two could look into that. This is not high priority of course, but rather nice to have (if it is relatively easy).

Regards,

Azrael

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I see there is a "Metronome" property set in the arrangement manifest, however, I don't quite understand the values. The bonus arrangements have Metronome set to 1, as I would expect, but the normal ones have it set to 2. I would have thought it would either be missing or 0. The 2 confuses me :)

Did you find out what Metronome = 2 means? :)

Anyway I wanted to give my songs another testrun to find bugged arrangements, when I noticed something weird:

I placed all of my CDLC in the subfolder "SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\CDLC" and they seem to be ignored by the GUI version of your program.

I didn't notice this before, because the last time I used the GUI I hadn't changed my folder structure yet. And in the meantime I only used my own batch file which converts only the subfolder, because the GUI cannot save the settings yet.

Thus I suggest you program should work through all subfolders of \dlc\, because I am sure I am not the only person with this structure :)

Still I found one CDLC with warnings in the bass arangement:

"Not possible to merge empty note with neighbour in bar 65 - 69"

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/du-erkennst-micht-wieder-r5890

Regards,

Azrael

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hm, I can't get it to convert "Surrender" by Cheap Trick. (Mac)

There are lots of tabs out there for this legendary song, but none of them match what's in RS2014.

If someone's got it (maybe a Windows user?), do you mind sharing it with me? Just PM me.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello. I just found this thread and more importantly, this awesome RS to Tabs Converter of yours. I converted about 1100 songs and out of those, there were 11 CDLCs that wouldn't convert. For each song, the app would hangup until I 'Closed' it. I would have to remove said song from the DLC folder and then relaunch the app again in order to go further in the conversion process. As you can tell, I had to do this another 10 times.

The songs in question are:

_Buddy_Holly_Maybe_Baby_v2_p

_Buddy_Holly_Oh_Boy_v3_p

_Buddy_Holly_That'll_Be_The_Day_v2_p

_Meridian_AugustBurnsRed_p

_Sons-and-Daughters_v1_DD_p

Buddy-Holly_Peggy-Sue-avdocs-Version_v3_4_p

Elvis-Presley_Jailhouse-Rock-Blackbird-version_v1_DD_p

Hole_Doll-Parts-Ver-2_v2_DD_p

Nazareth_Love-Hurts_v3_0_p

Pretenders_Back-On-The-Chain-Gang_v3_5_p

ZZ-Top_La-Grange-Blackbird-version_v1_p

With that out of the way, can anyone  tell me how I can covert any new CDLC song(s) into tabs that doesn't require doing a batch conversion of every song already in my DLC folder? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Rock on!! 

I'll take a look at these songs.

Converting individual CDLCs currently requires you to use the command line version of the program, but I'm working on a new release that will feature incremental updates in the GUI, so that only newly added songs are converted.

@RockNRollKid: I tested all of the CDLC you reported, and they are all working fine with my development version. So apparently I already fixed the bug that was affecting these files. Should work with the next release :)

Awesome. Thanks!

On a related note, there were a few songs that managed to convert to GP5 Tab files, but upon launching GP5, they are missing tabs all together or they wouldn't allow for exporting to PDF's. Is this a common thing for anyone else? I've tried converting those songs again to GP5 in the hopes they would work the second time around. Still have the same issues.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy