Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter (v0.9.9 released, now with Mac support and GUI!)

The error that certain tabs can't be converted isn't related to the output format, so it's not a surprise that they still don't work. This is a more fundamental bug that I have to track down. However, those that do convert, but whose gp5 output is broken, work for me with gpx. So I don't know what else to tell you, sorry :(

You can try the TuxGuitar path, as I mentioned. Some Guitar Pro versions seem to have problems with my gpx output, but TuxGuitar should work. Provided, of course, that you have the version that has support for gpx.

Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de

I don't know, that's the tricky part. The version on the TuxGuitar homepage is old and does not have gpx support. There are inofficial, more recent versions on the internet, but I don't remember where, sorry. I think there was a link here on the forums somewhere, try searching for it.

Amazing stuff. I will check this tool out when I get home from work, but just wanted to complement Cabilistic for giving up his time and expertise to help out the RS and CF community.

I didnt know this existed until just now. Awesome work, man, just awesome.

Didn't search the thread (little time) but I got a crash:

(1/1) Converting song beneathsurface ...
 Opening arrangement combo for song id beneathsurface...
 Opening arrangement vocals2 for song id beneathsurface...

Onverwerkte uitzondering: System.InvalidOperationException: Object waarvoor null is toegestaan, moet een waarde hebben.
   bij System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   bij RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.Song2014..ctor(Sng sngData, Attributes2014 attr)
   bij RocksmithToTabLib.PsarcBrowser.GetArrangement(String identifier, String arrangement)
   bij RocksmithToTab.Program.ExportPsarc(String psarcFile, CmdOptions options)
   bij RocksmithToTab.Program.Main(String[] args)

EDIT: also, the converted .gpx file from Beastie Boys - You Gotta Fight (official song) crashes my Guitar Pro.

Thanks for your efforts!

All 'my' CDLC's are free to be improved upon and re-released by anybody. Constructive comments are welcome as well :)

@davibeast: I just pushed a commit to the repository that should hopefully fix this error.

@bokkiej: That error is a simple one, it'll be fixed with the next release, thanks for reporting. Unfortunately, I do not own the Beastie Boys song, so I can't reproduce the crash right now. Is the gp5 output working?

I released a small update to take care of some of the more serious issues (crashes and endless loops), so if you've encountered any of those, please upgrade.

However, I did not touch any of the bugs where the output is unusable (i.e. crashes Guitar Pro or just doesn't open). Those are more subtle and will require more time to track down.

thanks a lot for the update !!!!!

now the songs that couldn't be converted converted and work !

but these Dream Theater's songs are still not working after converting:

Fatal Tragedy

The Looking Glass

In The Name Of God

Finally Free

Goodnight Kiss

The Test That Stumped Them All

About To Crash

Overture

Love the tool, two minor suggestion for next update or whenever, if it doesn't find a file, could you make it skip that file instead of hanging...  for example, I just want to convert one file in a folder, but it's looking for songs.psarc and won't convert the file... could you also make it so you can freely choose any output folder rather than locking it to My Documents.

The GUI is rather primitive and at the moment tailored to work on the game directory and nothing else. You can use the command-line version for single files.

And you can choose the output directory? I'm not sure what you mean it's "locked to My Documents"...

Hello,

I have an error message popping up when I try to extract GP files out of my DLCs :

2014-10-28 14:50:32.4192 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.<Main>b__1 

RocksmithToTabLib
Int32[] GetTuning(RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.Song2014)
Exception catched:

System.MissingMethodException Méthode introuvable : 'Int32 RocksmithToolkitLib.Sng2014HSL.Sng2014FileWriter.GetMidiNote(Int16[], Byte, Byte, Boolean, Int32)'. Int32[] GetTuning(RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.Song2014)    à RocksmithToTabLib.Converter.GetTuning(Song2014 arrangement)
   à RocksmithToTabLib.Converter.ConvertArrangement(Song2014 arrangement, Int32 difficultyLevel)
   à RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.ExportArrangement(Score score, Song2014 arrangement, Int32 difficulty, String originalFile, ToolkitInfo toolkitInfo) dans c:\build\RocksmithToolkitLib\Song2014ToTab\Gp5Converter.cs:ligne 108
   à RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.PsarcToGp5(String inputFilePath, String outputDir, IList`1 songListShort, String outputFormat, Boolean allDif) dans c:\build\RocksmithToolkitLib\Song2014ToTab\Gp5Converter.cs:ligne 65
   à RocksmithToolkitGUI.CDLC2Tab.CDLC2Tab.convertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans c:\build\RocksmithTookitGUI\CDLC2Tab\CDLC2Tab.cs:ligne 202
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.MissingMethodException: Méthode introuvable : 'Int32 RocksmithToolkitLib.Sng2014HSL.Sng2014FileWriter.GetMidiNote(Int16[], Byte, Byte, Boolean, Int32)'.
   à RocksmithToTabLib.Converter.GetTuning(Song2014 arrangement)
   à RocksmithToTabLib.Converter.ConvertArrangement(Song2014 arrangement, Int32 difficultyLevel)
   à RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.ExportArrangement(Score score, Song2014 arrangement, Int32 difficulty, String originalFile, ToolkitInfo toolkitInfo) dans c:\build\RocksmithToolkitLib\Song2014ToTab\Gp5Converter.cs:ligne 108
   à RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.PsarcToGp5(String inputFilePath, String outputDir, IList`1 songListShort, String outputFormat, Boolean allDif) dans c:\build\RocksmithToolkitLib\Song2014ToTab\Gp5Converter.cs:ligne 65
   à RocksmithToolkitGUI.CDLC2Tab.CDLC2Tab.convertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans c:\build\RocksmithTookitGUI\CDLC2Tab\CDLC2Tab.cs:ligne 202
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Maybe this has been brought to your attention already.

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

@@justgimmethefunk, CDLC2Tab managed by cozy1. Also it's not flogher\cabalistic related issue ;)
I can look into this because omething wrong with GetMidiNote() I've changed it recently.
Any notice on which song it was?(I know you're doing odlc+songs.psarc 2 tab conversion)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy