Jump to content

I have a custom that crashes RS2014 every time


SmellyOrc
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, I have a custom that crashes RS2 every time. Sometimes it's the speaker/no highway kind of crash, other times it's a crash with a windows crash window pop up. I've uploaded the project files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/528fy0rlyw04pb4/Dream%20Evil%20-%20By%20My%20Side.rar

 

EoF gives me no errors, except for one bend that has no strength value, and will thus be exported as a half bend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@@Alex360 Removing those particular ones did not solve it. However, deleting all the tech notes did fix the crash. Now I'll just have to figure out what exactly is making it crash.

 

 

I once had the same problem with tech notes, there was something that the game didnt liked. I deleted all and added them in groups till i had found the ones that were causing the crash. It was a painful try and error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

@@Alex360 Removing those particular ones did not solve it. However, deleting all the tech notes did fix the crash. Now I'll just have to figure out what exactly is making it crash.

@@vinegarv guitar file sounds just fine over here. I just transcoded it from flac to ogg on foobar's highest settings. EoF didn't do anything else to it.

 

that's interesting.

I just had this problem with a custom(crashing to desktop). Isolating the files I found out the lead arrangement .XML was the problem, then I went back to EOF and did everything I could, I even got to the point of deleting all of the notes and sections and it would still crash.

as a last resort I copied the notes and imported another .gpro, then deleted the new notes and pasted the old ones. That solved the problem.

I read in another topic that EOF don't copy tech notes when you copy the normal notes, so that was probably it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@@vrusciante, can we get more info? I'd like to know what's wrong with it :)

 

well, comparing the broken arrangement with the new one, the only visible difference is that the broken one have some misplaced bend tech notes that were imported from the gpro

here's the broken xml and a ddc log:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jfxwcki1uxqkc/Documents

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy