Songs not starting.

Haplo2049

Question

11 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Phantatsy said:

I doubt having the latest D3DX9_42.dll is causing the crash

Agreed, but not to be pedantic, the reason I stated as such OP did not say they ran the CDLC enabler or what / where, just that "replaced the file". One can assume a lot of things by this general wording. They stated they patched the cdlc, not Rocksmith after adding the file.

Ok, so walk us through what you did (or maybe didn't) do.

When you reinstalled, did you try the base game alone without any cdlc or any mods to see if the base game was working?

Are you using any mods?

Did you use a file or the CDLC installer?

Have you tried verifying the game files?

Is there only one D3DX9_42.dll in the root directory of Rocksmith? What size is it?

Is it crashing on a particular song? the same song?

On 2/25/2024 at 10:40 AM, Sniper Reload3d said:

Ok, so walk us through what you did (or maybe didn't) do.

When you reinstalled, did you try the base game alone without and cdlc or any mods to see if the base game was working?

Are you using any mods?

Did you use a file or the CDLC installer?

Have you tried verifying the game files?

Is there only one D3DX9_42.dll in the root directory of Rocksmith? What size is it?

Is it crashing on a particular song? the same song?

Basically, this.
If it works on a fresh install and then stops working, you had to have changed something.

OP: Try uninstalling/reinstalling the game (and removing/backing up all CDLC) and then run it and try to load a song. If it works then use the CDLC enabler and and a CDLC to the DLC folder and try playing that one.

If that works, then you should be able to throw all your CDLC back into the DLC folder. If you want to use mods, then I would only do so after you've confirmed the base game and CDLC are working.

Make sure you are using the latest version of everything; Rocksmith, CDLC enabler, RSMods, all of it.

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png

I would just like to mention that I was having the same problem a minute ago and I realized that my norton 360 antivirus was preventing the CDLC Patch from being installed to my rocksmith folder. I disabled my antivirus software, ran the patch and everything works now

4 hours ago, LMBrault said:

I would just like to mention that I was having the same problem a minute ago and I realized that my norton 360 antivirus was preventing the CDLC Patch from being installed to my rocksmith folder. I disabled my antivirus software, ran the patch and everything works now

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, the problem and solution. I do not doubt that this will probably help someone else as well.

49 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, the problem and solution. I do not doubt that this will probably help someone else as well.

I actually had someone with the same issue/fix the other day 😂

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png