Locked Ubisoft DLC Content that is no longer available for purchase

dragynfist

Question

7 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, dragynfist said:

hey cannot claim loss of revenue for songs you can no longer purchase through them, that's absurd.

Again for the third time in this thread, it is not about the songs gone, it is about the songs that remain that they will claim copyright infringement, piracy, and lost revenue, because people will just wait for the songs and licenses to expire and de-list.

What does that have to do with "absolving me from purchasing more songs"? 

You had 10 years to purchase songs you claim you want charted. 10 years, whether you were playing the game or not, whether you purchased songs in the past or not.

Someone from the website could ask UBISOFT their position on this instead.

You don't think that someone already thought that?

As for insults, I treat people how they treat me, you're welcome. You definitely didn't respond to my question in a respectful manner.

I answered in a perfectly respectful way, you did not get the answer you wanted, so you are slinging insults like a child.

Do you think about what you say, before you say it?

Obviously a lot farther ahead then you are capable of. You are still lacking and not grasping that currently de-listed songs are not going to be made available for cDLC because of consequences against the site. IF you were, you would have merely said to Firekorn, "I see, thank you for your response." instead of venting your irrational frustrations on me.

• Administrator

Because then people just have to wait until currently available content gets delisted to get access to it for free instead of paying for it while it is available.

That's one way it could actually hurt Ubisoft.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

58 minutes ago, dragynfist said:

I don't think that's really a good answer when people would literally have to wait over 5 years while UBISOFT's license for the song to expire to play it. There are some great songs they no longer sell that I'd like to play but can't because of this. It is annoying.

It is a perfectly good answer. You just can not accept it. It shows a lack of external focus and foresight on your part.

Then chart the song yourself. 5 years will give you plenty of time to learn how. It is not our responsibility to craft an answer or cater to your desires. It is our responsibility to protect the site from lawsuits.

Another answer if you do not like those, is create a game yourself, you spend the time and resources getting the licensing yourself.

I knew immediately when you posted this question you were not here for answers, but to just complain and whine about not having the songs. You had 10 years to get them. You just don't feel like paying for them.

49 minutes ago, dragynfist said:

I have paid for plenty song packs and would gladly pay for the ones no longer available if I could, I haven't played the game 10 years as you assume and a lot of people haven't.

As for you, you add nothing to the conversation and its obvious you've been waiting to pounce with your insults, but its expected from a white knight toxic basement dweller. "Chart it yourself, create a game yourself, get the licensing yourself" all are ridiculous responses and there can be no lawsuits because they do not own the licensing to the songs anymore than they own the rest of the songs with CLDC charts here. Go find something better to do with your time and you might not be so angry.

I slung no insults. The only one that has slung insults is you.

I have said it before, I missed songs myself, starting with Freebird. There are other avenues to learn the song. There are youtube videos with multiple paths of almost all the DLC.

Providing you the same answers that have been said countless times already. The mod that first responded provided you, and everyone else on this site with the tools to chart your own songs. It is by no means a ridiculous response. Look how many chart creators daily post songs / charts. Is it difficult? Yes. Is there a learning curve? Yes. Does it take time to make a chart? Most definitely. Is it impossible? Absolutely note.

You have proved my point by slinging insults. You also proved my point by making another post flaming me, unable to handle the truth, must get the last word in. The fact you have not played the game does not change the fact that the songs were available for 10 years for purchase. Your purchase of other songs do not absolve you from purchasing more songs.

There are currently 66,216 songs on Ignition, there are plenty of other "good songs" to play.

They, Ubisoft, still own the licensing to the songs not de-listed. That is more than enough ammunition for them to fire off a lawsuit claiming lost revenue because people are just waiting to download songs when they expired. It is not my fault you are unable to see that. You are naive if you believe that this site will not be shut down, and people will lose access to all of this. This, and all of the above are not insults.

I don't think that's really a good answer when people would literally have to wait over 5 years while UBISOFT's license for the song to expire to play it. There are some great songs they no longer sell that I'd like to play but can't because of this. It is annoying.

17 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

It is a perfectly good answer. You just can not accept it. It shows a lack of external focus and foresight on your part.

Then chart the song yourself. 5 years will give you plenty of time to learn how. It is not our responsibility to craft an answer or cater to your desires. It is our responsibility to protect the site from lawsuits.

Another answer if you do not like those, is create a game yourself, you spend the time and resources getting the licensing yourself.

I knew immediately when you posted this question you were not here for answers, but to just complain and whine about not having the songs. You had 10 years to get them. You just don't feel like paying for them.

I have paid for plenty song packs and would gladly pay for the ones no longer available if I could, I haven't played the game 10 years as you assume and a lot of people haven't.

As for you, you add nothing to the conversation and its obvious you've been waiting to pounce with your insults, but its expected from a white knight toxic basement dweller. "Chart it yourself, create a game yourself, get the licensing yourself" all are ridiculous responses and there can be no lawsuits because they do not own the licensing to the songs anymore than they own the rest of the songs with CLDC charts here. Go find something better to do with your time and you might not be so angry.

5 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

I slung no insults. The only one that has slung insults is you.

I have said it before, I missed songs myself, starting with Freebird. There are other avenues to learn the song. There are youtube videos with multiple paths of almost all the DLC.

Providing you the same answers that have been said countless times already. The mod that first responded provided you, and everyone else on this site with the tools to chart your own songs. It is by no means a ridiculous response. Look how many chart creators daily post songs / charts. Is it difficult? Yes. Is there a learning curve? Yes. Does it take time to make a chart? Most definitely. Is it impossible? Absolutely note.

You have proved my point by slinging insults. You also proved my point by making another post flaming me, unable to handle the truth, must get the last word in. The fact you have not played the game does not change the fact that the songs were available for 10 years for purchase. Your purchase of other songs do not absolve you from purchasing more songs.

There are currently 66,216 songs on Ignition, there are plenty of other "good songs" to play.

They, Ubisoft, still own the licensing to the songs not de-listed. That is more than enough ammunition for them to fire off a lawsuit claiming lost revenue because people are just waiting to download songs when they expired. It is not my fault you are unable to see that. You are naive if you believe that this site will not be shut down, and people will lose access to all of this. This, and all of the above are not insults.

They cannot claim loss of revenue for songs you can no longer purchase through them, that's absurd. Imagine going to court saying potential customers would have maybe purchased a song pack, but didn't because they gambled on them not renewing the licensing for it 10 years later. Do you think about what you say, before you say it? If they cared for that revenue, they'd renew the licenses, but they've moved on to rocksmith+. Besides, assumptions don't have to be made. Someone from the website could ask UBISOFT their position on this instead.

As for insults, I treat people how they treat me, you're welcome. You definitely didn't respond to my question in a respectful manner.  And again, if you'd read I would gladly purchase the songs I am missing if they were available through steam but obviously you can't any longer. What does that have to do with "absolving me from purchasing more songs"? 

I am aware there are tons of songs here to play other than the ones I speak of and I am grateful for all the creators that shared them here. They have the time to learn this, I do not as I have a family and a full time job that takes most of my time.