Ubisoft keeps losing my data

dpslikeits1999

Question

Periodically, when I open Rocksmith I get the announcement that my data has been lost and RS starts as if it's the first time being used.  It asks if I've ever used RS, left/right handed, etc.  It takes about 5 mins to get  past the intro crap.  Then all my past data is gone.  No list, favorites, scores, etc.  This isn't a big deal but I lost my pretty high score on 'Hide Away' 😞  It's happening almost weekly now.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it?  Other than disconnecting from internet?

Thanks.

(Posted this on RS+ by mistake earlier)

2 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, dpslikeits1999 said:

Anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it?  Other than disconnecting from internet?

Sounds like save game corruption. Disconnecting from the internet won't make any difference since it's stored locally.

You can try repairing it with the custom game toolkit or if you have rsmods you can restore a backup from the "Profile_Backups" folder.

Tips to avoid game save corruption:

1. Do not exit, quit or abort the game in any way other than following the in-game prompts to quit .
  2. Never shut off your computer while the game is loaded.
  3. Never attempt to modify/add CDLC files while the game is loaded.
  4. Never attempt to modify any other game files (such as *.ini) while the game is loaded.
  5. Never be the first to try new untested CDLC.  75% of corrupt game saves are caused by CDLC that are already on the List of Crashers, jammers, dead toners, and MISC problems. (You must be logged into CustomsForge to access this link).
  6. Minimize the number of CDLC files that are installed.  Backup and remove ones that are not played then use the Game Saves Gigbox - Sync feature.
  7. Be patient while the game loads and shut downs properly.

Quote off the cgt website.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype