[TRR] Phase Three: Get Ready for the Future of Music Learning

Subscription based is lame, but everyone wants that contiinous revenue stream coming in... Hopefully, Ubisoft will not try to make that their new cool release.

If that's the case, then they really need to amp up the number of songs they have to be valuable for the customer. That's the challenge with subscription. you need to be valuable continously, otherwise, people will cancel and move on

• Like 1

Subscription based is lame, but everyone wants that contiinous revenue stream coming in... Hopefully, Ubisoft will not try to make that their new cool release.

If that's the case, then they really need to amp up the number of songs they have to be valuable for the customer. That's the challenge with subscription. you need to be valuable continously, otherwise, people will cancel and move on

Good point Red. Remember when we got the upgrade to 2014, there was about 6 months or more when you could pre-order (I did). I just loved it. No sign of that yet for the new thing, so I'm thinking...subscription based.  :(

I also strongly suspect they will ditch the .psarc format and come out with a whole new format or maybe streamed content or something like direct online only like Guitar Hero Live tried towards the end. They won't make it an easy upgrade path. We might find ourselves paying for the same old songs again in the new game like I did when CDs came out. 

We should be able to expect they will keep the ODLC available on Steam for a few years since they will still make money from it.  I'm hanging out for the next Steam sale to get as much as I can afford, just in case it drops off sooner.

There's some guys here on the forum with some serious programming skills, so I suspect they will nail the new format in a few months and come up with a new tool for us to make new format CDLC or whatever is required.

I was also hoping that Ubi would release their API for Rocksmith 2014 now theyre not using it anymore but I guess that would be too much to ask. I use about 10 different pieces of software to create a custom, all but one of which were written for a different purpose. Maybe someone will sneak a copy of the API out the back door after a while.  Some genuine tools might make the process a lot easier.

Anyhow we can keep Rocksmith alive by cranking out death metal customs (and a few others) for as long as we can, right here on CF. If you don't learn to make them yourself, maybe nobody else will, certainly not Ubi.

Unaccredited Charter

• 1 month later...

Ubisoft announced that even new Trackmania game is going to be a subscription service with $10 and $30 a year tiers, available on the Epic store and Uplay. Now instead of wondering if the "Future of Music Learning" will be a subscription service I wonder if there is even a chance that we will be able to play already purchased Steam dlcs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy