None Standard Tuning'

Bluetac

Question

I am just starting out trying to make a custom , my first issue is it has none standard tuning s . According to songster it has one step down tunings from D standard D G C F. 
the question is how would i portray that in the toolkit?

Is there a chart for working out the -2 inputs ?

Any help would be appreciated 

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

4 answers to this question

Well I assume you mean C standard, in that case, it would be -4 for all strings. the numbers go by half step from what I can tell. My most recent custom, Throne of Thorns, had C# drop B tuning and the so B G# E B F# and C# so I had to put -5 for the low string and the rest -3. I hope that clears that up for you.

• Like 1

Beware that it's standard tuning... it's just down-tuned, make sure you set properly it in tab and check if EOF got it set in project, then toolkit will pick up correct value for you. tunings below C standard may cause issues to magnachartes tho.

• Like 1

How would i know it is C standard , is there a guide to work that out or a chart , sorry for the noob question and he delay in replying , for some reason i wasn't subscribed to my own thread

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

@@Bluetac, usual Guitar pro or tux guitar let you know what tuning it's in, also in tabs at ultimate guitar\songsterr\911tab\etc set tuning and you're able to see it. also if you decide to tab out song using ears\software you'd like to google which gear used for particular album\band\song you may find the answer... if you've got tuning in Note names Representation like EADGBe or BEADG#e you can google those, but it usually points to sites like this: http://gtdb.org/ feel free to serach for one.. so can name unusual tunings according to that database. um what you need to know also?

• Like 1