Tone Slots disabled question

Hi guys,

I am finalizing my latest custom and found something I didn't expect. My lead arrangment (Part_RealGuitar) goes from Clean to Distortion to Clean to Distortion to Lead to Distortion to Clean (3 tones). When I noticed at 62sec that it doesn't go back to clean in game and stays distorted, I noticed the following in the toolkit.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/Berneer%20CDLC/Blaze-StareAtTheSun-feedback/Toolkit%20issue%20with%20Tone%20slots%20disabled_zpsjl7mgcah.png

I am using master-2.7.1.0-7b9489e5-win from August 19.

Is this normal? Why does it to that? When do we need to checkmark it and what exactly is the "multiple tone failure issue"? .... it say "For advanced users only"? How can I avoid the checkmark and restore my desired change in tone back to clean.

If ever you need more information, my project (psarc, notes.eof, etc) is in the following location.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B63pbIBRC6HQN3Fwc0ROWUozdWM

Thanks in advance! Sorry if this is a noob question. :)

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

That should have base tone at A tone and all other shift down, so it would change to bas(A-tone) ingame, well, it may be a arrangement form bug which is annoying, yea? You can ignore that checkbox when you know what you're doing, like in this case. there was something about missing tones or un assigned so that bring you to point when it switch to null tone and broke your tone ingame, as I remember...
I may test things again with your files :)

Thanks for the quick response Alex! OK so I will put my default tone (first tone in the song - the clean tone) in 'slot A' instead of 'base', and then the others will shift to B and C as follows:

Base (empty)

Tone A: HungerClean

Tone B: BornfDist

Tone C: BornLead

So the  "Base" should be left empty in the case of multi-tones in one song? And if there is only one tone, then we define that tone in base, or just tone A? If so, when do we use "base"?

I presume in  EoF, I still, as usual, set as  Song > Rocksmith > Tones > Names  (I think that's the path from memory) and select the song's first tones as "Default".

Thanks for your time!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

@@Berneer, nope base = A tone slot in 99% of case, but you can have 5 tones if 4 other distinct and base one is difrent from those 4, pretty useless cuz most of the songs made in way that you probably need that intro tone somewhere in the middle of the song ;)

SO...

Base: HungerClean

Tone A: HungerClean

Tone B: BornfDist

Tone C: BornLead

Ok, this answers my question for my case. Thank-you. 

Your answer makes me wonder though, if I had 5 distinct tones then this would work?:

SO...

Base: HungerClean

Tone A: BornDist

Tone B: BornLead

Tone C: AnotherTone

Tone D: YetAnotherTone

But when you say

...but you can have 5 tones if 4 other distinct and base one is different from those 4, pretty useless cuz most of the songs made in way that you probably need that intro tone somewhere in the middle of the song ;)

you say it is useless because if you need that base tone in the intro and also later on (like I did with clean-dist-clean where the last clean was stuck in dist), but with 5 distinct tones, you'll never be able to go back to the base tone because it is not in one of the A/B/C/D tones slots? Only lettered slots can turn off and on again later in the song? Have I got that right now?

Thanks for teaching me Alex! I'm surprised I didn't get tripped up by all this in earlier customs.

I'll test it tonight and then click "Mark Solved"

@@Berneer, I'll mark it solved when I ensure it's good at toolkit side too ;)

And yes you get it right, RS can have those 4 a b c d tones to switch with indexes like 0 1 2 3 in sng file, wonder if there possibility to switch back to base or any other using it's name like it was in RS1 user mod...

EDIT:
Toolkit's side works just fine, tested with latest build ofc.

I don't know if it applies here, but I've found that deleting all tone changes in the arrangement, and then re-adding them, often fixes most tone change problems (like when it skips a tone change, or plays the wrong tones in the wrong places)....but usually it happens because I tried to go and add a new change in the middle of a finished arrangement (basically never works).

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• Developer

Mostly this has to do with how tones are assigned in EOF during the charting process.  If multiple tones are used and reused throughout an arrangement in EOF then the toolkit locks these tones to prevent user for making inadvertent changes which will result in tone corruption.  This is done because the toollkit assigns tone ids to the multi tones from/ based on the EOF arrangements and original tone usage and placement.  It is always best to modify tone usage in EOF and then pull the arrangement back into the toolkit so that these tone ids do not become confused/corrupted.  Otherwise the tones will not work when they should or worse cause the game to hang.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy