[EOF/Toolkit?] final mastery does not correspond to accuracy when 100% Difficulty

firekorn

• Administrator

@@raynebc and @@Alex360 and @@cozy1

CDLC at fault : http://customsforge.com/topic/31227-u-ur-hand/ on lead part (not sure about the other)

All file used for the creation available here : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1ZKYtpB0vu2V0VyZlp6VDI3T00&usp=sharing

Toolkit version : v2.6.1.0-91d61d56

EOF version : Hotfix 7-2-2016

Issue : when difficulty is at 100% it's impossible to get a 100% to be shown by RS as if somehow the player wasn't playing all note yet the accuracy does show that it was played at 100%.

Background : i've made the DD by hand inside EOF and i'm not sure who's at fault here as some other CDLC i've produced the exact same way does not show this issue (though i might make an inspection just to be sure). EOF doesn't give any warning on save and nothing indicated that something could have gone wrong in the toolkit either.

I hope that any of you will be able to figure it out and if possible correct it, though the issue doesn't make the CDLC unplayable it's still something that might plague other CDLC and make people think they do worse than they really do.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn - My guess would be this is related to the attempt to fix the scores when ignore status is used, as I remember @@Billkwando testing it and finding a similar mismatch (though if I remember correctly his mastery was higher than his accuracy, but that may be because it was on a chart that used ignores).

For what it's worth, I haven't used the most recent build of the toolkit yet (I've been using bc4b8042 for a while now as it hasn't given me many problems), and haven't noticed anything like this on things I've built recently, but I never do manual DD so it's possible it's related to that and not the toolkit version.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

@@raynebc i will try to pin point as much as i can but looking at what @@albatross213 said, it might not be EOF related though maybe the combination with DD inside EOF might not be completely innocent and i'm probably the only one doing it right now.

I'll see if any of the other CDLC i've made recently present the same symptom and if i can maybe pinpoint to an arrangement/section

http://customsforge.com/topic/30831-ignore-status-in-eof-doesnt-actually-ignore-in-game/ this is topic but the thing is i didn't use any ignore status in the chart but maybe the toolkit update is the culprit. @@albatross213 If you can built the CDLC with the file and see if it does happen with your version of the toolkit it could be interesting to see the result.

I guess @@Alex360 is probably the man with the insight on what the toolkit might do wrong then!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Well, I rebuilt it on my end, and played all paths. Bass and rhythm worked as expected (or close enough that I couldn't tell the difference), while on lead I got a gap of 5% or so between mastery (lower) and accuracy, which I think is consistent with what was found earlier. I guess that rules out the recent toolkit update being the cause.

Looking at things in EoF, the only thing I see that jumped out is that there are a few notes that are slightly unaligned (this could have happened while I was looking at it. I'm not really sure when and why it happens, but I don't think I've really touched anything other than scrolling through and changing difficultly levels). One example is that the last D the orange string in the second mod-chorus (just before measure 74 or 2:05) is just to the left of where it should be on levels 6 and 7, but in the right place on level 8.

I don't know how the internal machinery would react if a note that's present on a lower level is slightly shifted on a higher level. It could be that both notes count for mastery % but not accuracy (which seems to be a simpler calculation of notes hit divided by notes encountered) which causes the discrepancy.

Edit: Resnapped all of the notes on all difficulty levels and rebuilt it. Will now test to see how the scoring goes.

Edit 2: @@firekorn - Resnapping all of the notes seems to fix the scoring.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

Interesting... i wouldn't have thought note would have gone out of grid since i only delete note during the making of the different difficulty...

Well i guess it isn't much of a bug after all and i'll be sure to check this on my next creations!

Topic closed :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hmmm, all I did for fixing ignore scores is added counting for one sng value, nothing more, mastery values calculated correctly in toolkit, but song difficulty isn't (that may cause DD bars be like one lvl, I think, it's limiting those DD bars scale that's all I can say).

Thanks to @albatross213  for fixing this issue, I know that notes should be aligned perfectly by time or issues may be caught, but now we have great example of it