Noob Question - Difference between RS / RS2014 CDLC?

yellowsnow4free

Question

Hey everyone,

Came here from smithyanvil, where they had RS / RS2014 CDLC clearly distinguished.

Here (unless I'm missing something, which is very possible) it doesn't look as clearly defined.  I'm assuming CDLC for RS2014 won't work on the original RS, right?  If the thread doesn't say which game the CDLC is for, what's the best way to find out the difference? (other than downloading it and seeing if it works or not).

Thanks! :)

5 answers to this question

@@yellowsnow4free, we dropped RS1 support. cdlc for it was true pain for low-tuned\non-standard songs, you'd better leave RS1 in the grave, join to good old rs2014 now :)

tl;dr

There's no RS1 cdlc here, dude!

ps. hello from old guild ;)

Thanks for the reply Alex360!

I understand that people are moving to RS2014, but it kinda sucks that smithyanvil went down with a lot of RS2012 CDLC still on it...

I was planning on buying RS2014 eventually anyway though, so I guess it's OK :)

@@yellowsnow4free, we dropped RS1 support. cdlc for it was true pain for low-tuned\non-standard songs, you'd better leave RS1 in the grave, join to good old rs2014 now :)

tl;dr
There's no RS1 cdlc here, dude!

ps. hello from old guild ;)

@@yellowsnow4free - You should get Cherub Rock as the official DLC song. It will make your life much easier, and is well worth the money even if you don't want the song.

Anyway, you'll also need a dll file. See here for instructions.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!