Rep system - like/thanks

NotGuilty

Question

I don't think we need both of these - just keep one. Members who put up good content should get their rep levels up, so I have been 'liking' those posts which I think affects the grey circles under the username (do these have colour levels?). I don't see the point of having the 'thanks' system as well.

Maybe NSA-book users prefer the 'like' button too.

8 answers to this question

Thanks system in still in place. It may have gone offline for maintenance if you couldn't see it or you had reached the limit of likes you could make

Like and thanks are technically different things, I would see the point of "unbuilding" as you put it, if they had the same function, but it doesn't. They may look the same, but one just likes a single post and doesn't do anything in regards to a persons profile, the other applies "thanks" to a persons profile not the post in general. As the saying goes, "don't fix what doesn't need fixing".

• Like 2

It shows 'thanks' under the user's avatar on posts, but in the user's profile it shows both likes and thanks.

Worth showing both without profile surfing?

Not sure where the options would  be, the IPB forums I use don't have anything settings that show up when searching the AdminCP for 'thanks'