Lyrics Editor

MVega

I used EOF to type in lyrics today -- is it really that easy? Or is there a surprise waiting for me?

I added pitchless lyrics.

One question I have is it doesn't seem like I can adjust the length of the "notes" (since there are none) - does this affect the way the lyrics are displayed in Rocksmith -- that is, how long will the lyrics remain visible?

Admittedly EOF's vocal authoring features are pretty limited, but you should be able to get pitchless lyrics to work in Rocksmith 2014, you will want to add lyric lines though. You should be able to lengthen or shorten lyrics the same as with other note types though (click and use scroll wheel or [ and ] keys), unless there was some reason preventing it (ie. a lyric can't overlap another lyric). If you send me a project file with the lyrics, I could see if there are any problems.

I haven't packaged it yet, so I don't know how it will look like in Rocksmith. It did generate a PART_Vocals.xml for me, so that's a hopeful sign.I'm wondering if I didn't make a mistake though.In the manual, it says to click on the gray note at the top of the piano roll to create a pitchless lyric.Instead, I discovered that I can right-click on the lyrics line itself -- this opened up the dialogue for entering the text.But this didn't create notes on the piano roll. Instead, at the very bottom of the piano roll, there's a little gray square -- but I can't adjust the length of that.I'm just trying to achieve the scrolling lyrics like Rocksmith normally displays. Nothing fancy.

The lyric length (the length of those notes)  adjust how long the lyric in the game stays blue (aka how long the lyric should be sung).

It's easier/faster to use a program like Ultrastar creator ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/usc/ ) to create lyric files. You normally have to adjust the sync in EoF though, unless you've got a perfect rhythm :)

It really is that easy.

You can split words into syllables by using a dash, like this: syll- a- ble

It will look like "syllable" in-game but the syllables will highlight individually as they're sung.

The mouse wheel increases and decreases the length of the grey line at the bottom, which represnts how long the syllable is held.

Select all the words that you want to be displayed in one line and hit control+m to group them.  If they aren't grouped they won't be displayed.

You can play the track and look in the 3d rendering window to make sure evrything is synced up right.

That's pretty much it.

Years ago, EOF's original developer added the lyric preview lines to the 3D window. He was great at adding feature requests, and his willingness to do so kept my interest in creating custom charts for Frets on Fire. How the time does fly.

In the manual, it says to click on the gray note at the top of the piano roll to create a pitchless lyric.Instead, I discovered that I can right-click on the lyrics line itself -- this opened up the dialogue for entering the text.

That should work just fine, when the mouse is being held over the lyric display area of the vocal track, a gray rectangle is displayed at the bottom of the piano roll to indicate a newly added lyric would be pitchless.