What Guitar Should I Get?

Mostly Rancid

largely depends on the style you want to play.

Epiphones are good for a jazzy,bluesy style, and can be neat for a hard rock crunch.

Seems like you wamt that sg body though

Yeah I have a sort of fixation with the body of the SG lol! I like to play a lot of punk rock so im not sure it'll be the best choice but I'm still deciding.

• Administrator

If you already want one, get it cause you'll want to use it :p

I have nothing against epiphone even if they aren't really perfect but not many guitar are especially in this price range so go with it and see what you really like dislike into it as a piece information for a future purchase.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

At that budget you've got an astonishing range of choices - best bet is to decide on the body shape and pickups configuration you want and then go from there. SG's are nice guitars to play though, certainly wouldn't try to talk you out of getting one.

Personally, I love the look of this Eastwood Sidejack http://www.thomann.de/gb/eastwood_sidejack_dlx_mb.htm

Don't forget to look into the second hand market as well !

Edit: Not sure if you're interested in an acoustic, but obviously you're a Rancid fan and Tim Armstrong's sig electro-acoustic is around your budget: http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_tim_armstrong_hellcat_acoustic.htm

epiphone is a nice all round guitar(hence why you see it in Rocksmith). If you do some digging, you might find a Paul Reed Smith for about that price range. Haven't played one myself but thats the kind of guitar Brown Noise used. Definitely recommend humbucker pickups no matter what you get

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

I`m sorry, but there good video - choosing guitar for different style, but with russian language, but form video enough clear hear and see, what there not big deal what guitar, main it quality fretboard, type of pickups, and nice view, usability, and skill. And in the end video test for you :)

And second video comparing sounds cheap and expensive guitars.

1 Custom (black with single pickups) ~50000$,  2 (black humbucker)~2500, 3 (wood color) ~300$ 

If you already want one, get it cause you'll want to use it :P

I have nothing against epiphone even if they aren't really perfect but not many guitar are especially in this price range so go with it and see what you really like dislike into it as a piece information for a future purchase.

Good idea , it'll only take another year to save up for one

At that budget you've got an astonishing range of choices - best bet is to decide on the body shape and pickups configuration you want and then go from there. SG's are nice guitars to play though, certainly wouldn't try to talk you out of getting one.

Personally, I love the look of this Eastwood Sidejack http://www.thomann.de/gb/eastwood_sidejack_dlx_mb.htm

Don't forget to look into the second hand market as well !

Edit: Not sure if you're interested in an acoustic, but obviously you're a Rancid fan and Tim Armstrong's sig electro-acoustic is around your budget: http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_tim_armstrong_hellcat_acoustic.htm

I was looking at Eastwood's today actually , the sidejack looks good , not in that colour though lol

I've recently moved to the country so the 2nd hand market here is poor. Fingers crossed I might find a great barn find lol.

I'm not ready for an acoustic yet but thats a nice looking guitar.

hi, i have both an epi sg pro and and eastwood gp.

my sg is around 5 years old so doesnt have coil taps, but i think that it sounds great and is pretty well built, good for blues, crunchy or fuzzed out sounds, but I dont like playing it. I doesnt feel very well balanced compared to other guitars that I own, and the body cut out makes it sit in a way that it feels like the neck is overly long to reach the 1st 3 frets, especially if I sit down to play it. thats just my opion though, my friend loves playing it. My suggestion is to hold and play an SG before buying, if you havnt already.

My eastwood, is not the one you mentioned and retails around £600, but 2nd hand its around 300. Im only really mentioning it to comment on the build quality which I think is really good, not perfect if you examine everything, but feels and plays really well, holds tune and sounds great for fuzzed and distorted sounds. I have it tuned to C for QOTSA and Kyuss tracks and it suits them really well, but again also good for overdriven bluesy type rock like Monster Truck

• Like 1

hi, i have both an epi sg pro and and eastwood gp.

my sg is around 5 years old so doesnt have coil taps, but i think that it sounds great and is pretty well built, good for blues, crunchy or fuzzed out sounds, but I dont like playing it. I doesnt feel very well balanced compared to other guitars that I own, and the body cut out makes it sit in a way that it feels like the neck is overly long to reach the 1st 3 frets, especially if I sit down to play it. thats just my opion though, my friend loves playing it. My suggestion is to hold and play an SG before buying, if you havnt already.

My eastwood, is not the one you mentioned and retails around £600, but 2nd hand its around 300. Im only really mentioning it to comment on the build quality which I think is really good, not perfect if you examine everything, but feels and plays really well, holds tune and sounds great for fuzzed and distorted sounds. I have it tuned to C for QOTSA and Kyuss tracks and it suits them really well, but again also good for overdriven bluesy type rock like Monster Truck

Thanks for the heads up about balance , Im definately going to test drive one now