Juggernaut72

Question

I want to start transcribing songs to tab that have not already been done.  What workflow and programs do you use to create tabs? I have been using Anytune on the iPad to slow down songs and figure out notes but have not started to tab them out.  I just use it to memorize and play by ear.  What program do you use to listen to a song, slow it down, transcribe to tab and then replay to verify accuracy?  I would eventually like to por tthe tab to CDLC.  Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

@@Juggernaut72 - I don't know enough to say it's the best way to do it, but EoF actually has pretty much all of the functionality that you want. You can slow down to any percentage playback rate, you can make sure that the notes are synced exactly to the notes of the song, and all of that jazz. There's also midi playback, but I'm not sure how good it is.

I might want to keep a tab version going in parallel too if I were doing this, but you'd probably be OK just keeping everything in EoF then doing "CDLC 2 Tab" when you're done with everything and have a finished product.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

In addition to EOF, If you need help hearing the guitar part over everything else:

Audacity (free) has a nice feature under the effects tab called Vocal Remover.  With some songs (not all, depends on how the song was mixed) it gets rid of the vocals so you can hear the guitar part.

When vocal remover doesn't work you can get rid of the bass by using a high pass filter set to around 500Hz.  You can get rid of the cymbal crashes with low pass filter set to around 5,000Hz.

• Like 3

If I practice songs I usually use "Transcribe"

very usefull and easy to use program in my opinion, I always use it to slow down parts of a song or even change the tuning of a song from Eflat to Estandard.

Then just use guitar pro to tab out a song, and I guess the next step is Editor on Fire. I only started working on cdlc so don't have that much experience myself yet. 

Thank you for the responses.  I downloaded EOF and ran through the tutorial that came with it but still don't see how to get notes located in a tab like format.  I am missing something.  There are only 5 lines and the note is not a note it is a colored dot on one of the 5 lines....is there a better tutorial?  Thanks again

Thank you for the responses.  I downloaded EOF and ran through the tutorial that came with it but still don't see how to get notes located in a tab like format.  I am missing something.  There are only 5 lines and the note is not a note it is a colored dot on one of the 5 lines....is there a better tutorial?  Thanks again

I think that's just that you're on a "Track" that is specialized to something like Rockband, like "Part Guitar". Go to 

Song -> Track -> "Part Real_Guitar_22" for the track that's typically used for Rocksmith lead guitar tracks, "Part Real_Guitar" for the track that's typically used for rhythm tracks, and "Part Real_Bass_22" for the part that's typically used for bass tracks. Those should look more like tabs. If you're on a Rocksmith track when you click on the "File" menu the "Guitar Pro Import" and "Rocksmith Import" options should no longer be grayed out, and when you do a guitar pro import, say, it should look like a long, side-scrolling piece of tablature.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!