Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 89

@@mostmodest This screens are not valid. Big Number on top is Mastery, and it's of no interest to us. We need accuraccy and streak (both!). You just took this screens a little to late.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@mostmodest This screens are not valid. Big Number on top is Mastery, and it's of no interest to us. We need accuraccy and streak (both!). You just took this screens a little to late.

Shit. Does this mean I need to play it over again?

Yes, I think you're almost out of time though.

On a related note, can anyone recommend a pick that won't shred nylon wrapped strings?  Do I even need to worry about it, or will the nylon stand up to basically any amount of picking punishment?  I've actually never used a pick before, but this bass part is quite fun to play (even if I don't usually listen to this kind of music).  And it's probably a skill I should learn at some point anyway.

IME, picks are very much down to personal preference and since I use steel strings , I can't really recommend anything for you to not shred your nylon covered ones with.

All I will say is that I started out with fairly soft and flexible picks, until I was happy with my now standard 1.5mm Dunlop Max-Grips.  In fact, I used to change pick according to the song I was playing, to achieve a different tone.  I don't bother these days; I don't know whether this is because I've learnt to produce different sounds with my usual pick or whether this is just Rocksmith tone laziness setting in...

Actually thinking about it, I used to play some songs with a "dog bone" felt pick.  You could try one of these for your nylon stings?

Something like the one on the right?

http://www.bassstringsonline.com/Dunlop-Felt-Bass-Pick_p_1083.html

Edit: I meant "dog biscuit" not "bone"! lol

He got a funny look off me in the shop when he said it… :D

@@missis sumner Thanks, the felt pick sounds interesting for sure.  I'll probably grab one of those and a normal sample pack with various thicknesses to try out.  It'd be nice to at least have the option for songs that really call for the picked sound.  And if I eventually have to replace a set of strings because the nylon got damaged (not the end of the world), then I'll know.

Ok, so here goes final difficulty scores for week 89 songs:
Metric - Breathing Underwater: Lead 3, Rhythm N/A, Bass 2
At The Drive In - Arcarsenal: Lead 6, Rhythm 4, Bass 5
Beethoven - 5th Symphony: Lead 8, Rhythm 6, Bass N/A

Fat Larry's Band - Act Like You Know: Bass 8
Mike Oldfield - Moonlight Shadow: Lead 9, Rhythm 4, Bass 2
I give you one day for final comments. Tomorrow I will submit that scores.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures