Hand/neck positions not working - Cause??

mrmaton

Question

Generated my first custom last night, got it in-game, & the first thing I noticed was the view of the neck zoomed all the way out.

I did generate hand/neck positions on my last save, and there were 117 in the list for a 5 minute song.

So during the whole song, the neck view didnt move at all..

Any suggestions for what would cause this?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4 answers to this question

Ahh, please excuse my ignorance :rolleyes:

O

Is there somewhere that describes this process? Dont recall doing sections & phrases in the video..

Like description/purpose of each?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bear in mind that I'm very new at this (just started today) but adding sections and phrases is pretty easy.

The sections are pretty self-explanatory : they're the structure of the song, Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Solo, Bridge, Outro, etc.

The phrases have to do with the Dynamic Difficulty. Each phrase has its own dynamic difficulty levels. So you can have a verse phrase, a chorus phrase, etc. and since they're usually very similar, they'll level up pretty much at the same time -- if you raise one to 100%, the others will follow.

In EOF, you click on the Beat marker that starts whatever section you're creating -- start with the very first one, I imagine. Then Shift-S opens the dialogue that gives you various labeling options -- choose Intro for the first section, for example. At the bottom, there's a checkmark for adding the section as a phrase as well. This makes similar verses/choruses behave similiarly in the DD. If they're not exactly the same, or if one is more difficult than another, you wouldn't check the box for that section.

If you don't see the labels, go to File -> Preferences and look for the little view section with the option to show Rocksmith sections + phrases.

And that's all there is to it.

• Like 1

Thanks so much!

The song I'm doing is a guitar instrumental and has 5-6 notated parts ( A through E ), a couple are similar, but different.

So I'll add them as independant sections + phrases and see what happens..

Thanks for your help :)