XML Toolkit Error

Hey guys, I've been getting this when i try to add an arrangement to the toolkit:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/RST_zpsmilpnn4v.jpg

And I get this when i try to add DD:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/Brooklyn_Sounds/DDC_zpsf6iybeq4.jpg

I'm up to date on both EoF and the Toolkit. Any help would be appreciated.  :D 

• Developer

@Brooklyn_Sounds

Open up the XML arrangement and take a look at line 17, column 20.  See if XML is formed properly in this area.  You may need to reauthor XML arrangement in EOF.  From the error that you posted it looks like the XML end tag (ear) is not properly formed.  Try to generate without adding DDC.

If you still can't get it to generate then post a link to your original EOF XML files and provide a workflow description of what you are doing that is generating the error.  I will try to help.

EDIT:  Also take a look at the Album Name.  I looks like you may be using an invalid character which DDC and the toolkit are having problems with.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Edited.

I did a big speel about lyrics and dodgy characters, but that error happens on generation not adding arrangements (unless its changed in newer toolkits).

I have definitely had that error before (Your EoF is up to date?) but I can't mind why.

If you want to check XMLs I suggest Notepad++, which is free and really easy to use (errors highlighted in different colours and lines are all numbered).

If it is lyrics it normally happens to me because people use the wrong type of apostrophe i.e. ` instead of '

@PC Plum, I just published my new custom, packed with pre wwise integration build, works nicely, this one is heavy metals, very unstable, and may blow up in your face at any time :)

this issue about tuning, I'm working on it, at least I know where it is :)

• Developer

On topic, based on error there is likely a problem with XML.  Like I said before, looks like an invalid character or attribute end tag.  I would suggest using new beta toolkit version and change album name before resorting to using release version of toolkit.  If that doesn't work then sure, go with release version of toolkit and see if that works.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Ok, i got it to work.  ^_^ It was the album name, don't know how it happened, but somehow there was an inverted lower case t at the end of the album name. I tried everything, deleting xml files, ogg and nothing was working, until I opened the xml files in notepad and deleted the inverted lowercase t and then it worked. So, thank you @@cozy1 for the help. :D

• Like 1

• Developer

Any time.

• Like 1

@@cozy1, preaclulated table used to compare tone gears I'd like to automate things, but that's not ez even for my hands.

VVe'll need to reate key pairs for all  cabs\amps\pedals alternatives to get decent conversion
VVho vvanna help? I can setup google spread sheet for us ;)

I think that you are creating lots of unneccessary work, which will likely result in tones which sound like shit.

Suggest creating a bank of RS14 tones and injecting them on conversion given criteria checklist.  Trying to map like for like is a logistical nightmare.  Some of the amps don't even exist in RS14.

Create bank of tones including

Clean

Distortion

Fuzz

Metal (distortion)

Chorus

Tremolo

Leave out delay, too much faffing.  Use same amp head/cab and basic reverb then place a tone in the pre slot (with default settings) depending on which pedals was used in the RS12 custom.

You are never going to map 100% a tone crossover, and furthermore most of the tones I heard in RS12 customs were dreadful and hurt my ears.

So just inject new tone depending on what (main) pedal was used in RS12.

I can make the RS14 tones, I have most of the ones I would use already.

• Developer

Guys I decided to hide/remove my off topic banter because the original topic discussed here has merit and may actually help others. 

Feel free to do same.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy