Capo not working correctly?

Goofiestbee

Question

I've been having this problem since I bought Rocksmith 2014 back at launch. I know they added capo support & it had bugs at first but im pretty sure they have been solved by now..which leads to my question: Why does my Capo not set the fret numbers accordingly? Example: You put the capo on the third fret, so the 3rd fret should come up as a "0" technically to not make things confusing..no?

Here's a screenshot of a song im playing with capo on the third fret.

The notes are recognized but when playing other songs that ARENT open chord songs, things get confusing pretty quickly...

Anyone know how i can fix this problem? Id really appreciate it!
Thank you :)

SCREENSHOT: http://i62.tinypic.com/2cqfmgy.png

4 answers to this question

I don't find it confusing at all.  The frets stay at the same place even when i have a capo on. Why should they move in Rocksmith?   The only difference a capo does is change the open strings, and that is also the only thing that should change in Rocksmith.

• Like 1

This is true, but alot of players when using a Capo reffer to the capo as the "Nut" position. Is it like this for everyones Rocksmith? or just mine? ><

I guess what im asking is: Does everybodies game display the capo like this? Or is there an option I can enable to make it as I described?

Thanks for the response :) 

I think that you mean that chord should say "G" not "A#" ?

It depends on the custom. It goes all the way to the EoF stage, whatever setting the maker used.  I, personally, prefer it to say "G" and I use a setting in EoF called Ignore Tuning/Capo.

By default it is set to use real chord names not relative chords, so either the maker decided he wanted that or left it as default.

It would be a pain in the rear end to change (without adversely affecting other parts of the custom) without the original files i.e. maybe ask the charter to make a version that ignores the tuning/capo.

• Like 1