real tone cable

mdoogan

Question

10 answers to this question

Have you calibrated your guitar in Rocksmith, or tried going into the options to turn down the gain setting?

Also, have you tried adjusting the input volume for the cable in the Windows settings?  

Usually the crackling sounds are caused by the gain being too high either in the game, or in Windows itself.

• Like 1

Maybe latency is too low for your system if you have messed with the settings?  If you are running too low a latency it can cause crackles in the sound.

I would leave latency on auto.  That's a personal opinion, many people experiment and use manual latency settings, but I've never found the need.  I did use custom latency settings in RS12, but auto in RS14 works great for me.

Just look though settings until you find latency (think its in Audio Engine but I'm not positive).  And remember that you need to restart the game each time you change it for it to take effect.

Why do you use two accounts for this discussion? (and alternate between them?^^)

Did you try installing Rocksmith on a different PC, maybe a friend's?

I don't think there are any (important in this regard) differences between Win 8 and Win 8.1...

But if the game and the cable both work on other computers and you already tried verifying the game within Steam (or even reinstalled it), then completely reinstalling Windows MIGHT be the last option to check out.

Also: Some punctuation would help us better understand your sentences ;-)

Is the volume on your guitar set to maximum?

all was working fine

Since it was working fine at some point, did you change anything afterwards?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I had the same kind of problem with my bass.

To solve it, I put the realtone cable in the send effect output on my amplifier then to the usb port, plug the bass in the amplifier input, push the bass master volume at max, recalibrate in rocksmith.

After that, I was able to tune it again in rocksmith with the normal configuration (bass to usb port).

[hr]All my customs are referenced there : [url=http://customsforge.com/topic/384-mat7tch1-customs/]MaT7TcH1 Customs[/url]

Feel free to contact me if you want to improve them