Cannot get CDLC content to work on Mac OSX 10.9.5 with Rocksmith 2014 Steam

gumby42

Question

I followed these instructions to a T: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258848451&insideModal=1

My game is a steam download preorder version.  I have no physical disk.

I DO have cherub rock when I run the game through steam.

I copied the files when they belong.  When I ran the RS Injector app it started up the game like i had never played before.  I had to create a new profile and to tune and calibrate my guitar and all that.   I don't know if that's normal.  Also it asks me if I want to login to you play and if I try it wants my CD Key (I don't even know if I have one) if I don't the game starts normally except it's new AND all of my CDLC content is missing plus Cherub Rock is not there.

Can anyone help me out?

The instructions seem pretty straight forward so I can't see what I'm missing. 

Thanks.

16 answers to this question

Hmm, either I missed or the original instructions aren't that clear because I guess I was just supposed to run the"injector" once and then go back to the main version.  Now I see my song but it crashes and burns when it's loading up the track.  I can just see the speakers and they animate with the noise from my bass but nothing happens.  I have to force quit the game... any ideas?

Thanks.

This was my problem.

This is an important distinction that was missing or i missed from other tutorials... ONCE EVERYTHING IS SETUP, RUN STEAM FIRST BUT NOT ROCKSMITH AND THEN US RSINJECTOR TO LAUNCH ROCKSMITH.

Some how I missed that i got bizarre results by launching RSInjector without launching steam first.

Thanks!!!

• Like 2

This was my problem.

This is an important distinction that was missing or i missed from other tutorials... ONCE EVERYTHING IS SETUP, RUN STEAM FIRST BUT NOT ROCKSMITH AND THEN US RSINJECTOR TO LAUNCH ROCKSMITH.

Some how I missed that i got bizarre results by launching RSInjector without launching steam first.

Thanks!!!

I tried everything you have listed here but unfortunately still no success. I am stuck sitting with a couple Amps and stacks with no gameplay.

Please help!

This was my problem.

Thanks!!!

I tried everything you have listed here but unfortunately still no success. I am stuck sitting with a couple Amps and stacks with no gameplay.

Please help!

I'm having this same problem

when i click on the downloaded song it says steam cannot open files of that type

You can't open the CDLC files (or official DLC files) outside of the game.  They can only be read by the game.

Did you make sure that you're download Mac versions of CDLC?  If the file names don't end in "_m.psarc" then they are not Mac versions and will need to be converted with the Toolkit.