Why doesn't EoF support this

TheWhiteMan

Question

I have it set at 1/25 zoom so you can see the part of the chart I'm talking about. In the tab you can see that the eighth notes are dotted, but in EoFit counts them as a quarter note which I don't want and if I move the notes then it messes up the song. Basically what I'm asking is how come dotted eighth aren't supported

http://imgur.com/JkKsZpl

Also I came into a problem with this as well, with the half notes with tremolo through the tail in guitar pro

It's also not supported in EoF which is an annoyance

http://i.imgur.com/CcqYPUC.png

Edited by TheWhiteMan

10 answers to this question

The link to your first picture is incorrect, so I'm not really sure what you mean there.

Also, there's no such thing as a "dotted quarter eighth" note, so... that doesn't help much either. EoF shouldn't have any issues importing dotted notes, in any case.

First and foremost, you should add some leading silence and sync your beat map properly. It's pretty tough to differentiate note duration when the beat map in EoF doesn't match up. Plus, it's just best practice.

As for the tremolo, I'm not sure if it imports properly into EoF from the GP file, but you should be able to add it manually in EoF. How it shows up in-game, though, I'm not sure. I've never had to use it. Vibrato should import just fine, but (probably) not tremolo.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Since you've now edited your OP...What is the time signature of the GP file, and does it match the time signature in EoF?

Unless I'm mistaken, your GP file appears to be in 12/8 time, while EoF is in 6/8. This will still import with the correct note duration, though, since an eight note counts as one beat in both. I think the real culprit is an improper sync to the audio.

Notice how the downbeat of measures 35 and 37 (in your fist pic) doesn't coincide with the spike in the waveform graph?

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Since you've now edited your OP...What is the time signature of the GP file, and does it match the time signature in EoF?

Unless I'm mistaken, your GP file appears to be in 12/8 time, while EoF is in 6/8. This will still import with the correct note duration, though, since an eight note counts as one beat in both. I think the real culprit is an improper sync to the audio.

Notice how the downbeat of measures 35 and 37 (in your fist pic) doesn't coincide with the spike in the waveform graph?

Yeah I always import my time signatures from the guitar tabs. Thats how the song goes and tabs fit the wavegraph in the spots they are like I said in the OP. Even if I move the notes closer to simulate the dotted notes it messes it all up

Ive done it a billion different times and made plenty of DLC and never had this problem before till now

Like I said, the GP file appears to be in 12/8. That's why it uses the dotted eighth notes. They each get a beat and a half. However, EoF only shows 6 beats per measure, and not 12.

What are the time signatures of your GP, and also your EoF arrangement? Because there are half the number of beats in EoF that there should be, it makes it appear that the note durations are wrong, but they aren't.

Truthfully, all of this is irrelevant to your problem. Which is that your beat map is not synced properly. NOT THE NOTES, but the vertical lines in EoF. You should almost never move the actual notes, but rather the first beat of every measure or so. The notes will snap into place.

Like I said, the GP file appears to be in 12/8. That's why it uses the dotted eighth notes. They each get a beat and a half. However, EoF only shows 6 beats per measure, and not 12.

What are the time signatures of your GP, and also your EoF arrangement? Because there are half the number of beats in EoF that there should be, it makes it appear that the note durations are wrong, but they are.

Truthfully, all of this is irrelevant to your problem. Which is that your beat map is not synced properly. NOT THE NOTES, but the vertical lines in EoF. You should almost never move the actual notes, but rather the first beat of every measure or so. The notes will snap into place.

Unlike the charts you make which would be a higher support group of people to add imput. MY charts are of bands most people dont listen to so in which do not receive as much care or support as yours would, being the reason why I have to move the tab around to fit in places where the person marked the wrong bpm or didnt change the bpm at all or missed a rest period of rest or didnt even put the notes, but thanks for youre help

What are the time signatures of your GP, and also your EoF arrangement? Because there are half the number of beats in EoF that there should be, it makes it appear that the note durations are wrong, but they are.

Unlike the charts you make which would be a higher support group of people to add imput. MY charts are of bands most people dont listen to so in which do not receive as much care or support as yours would, being the reason why I have to move the tab around to fit in places where the person marked the wrong bpm or didnt change the bpm at all or missed a rest period of rest or didnt even put the notes, but thanks for youre help

I'm not sure what you mean by this. It seems like you're saying that the fact that my CDLCs are downloaded by more people than yours makes me a less credible source of information than you - which is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Dude, I'm trying to help you. If you choose not to listen to the advice of a more experienced charter, that's totally your call. I'm just attempting to provide a solution to the questions that you posted.

Lol yeah that's right this guy listens to some obscure unknown shit here folks and no-one can help him here, That fucking boat sunk ages ago.

I will tell you what's wrong and you will accept this information.