Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

Our July donation goal is up! Thank you for all who contributed for June. click here to donate. Any Amount helps!

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 8 (June)

Photo

Force Repeat Chord Boxes

- - - - - EOF

Best Answer iminashi, 20 March 2019 - 12:46 AM

Just select all the same chords and the notes in between and mark a handshape (Ctrl+Shift+H).

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Offline   hooolian

hooolian

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

Is there a way to force repeat chord boxes to show up when there are notes between chords? In this example I am trying to have the first C5 chord show up fully and the subsequent C5 chords show as repeat boxes even though there are palm muted open notes between them. I know this happens in offiicial DLC, but I don't recall seeing it in CDLC.

I have searched the forum for an answer, but all I found was a post from 4 years ago and at that time it was not possible. I'm hoping there is a way to do it now.

EOF%20Example_zpshg20ahzb.jpg

Offline   coldrampage

coldrampage

Praise yohane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Coldrampage2
  • Coldrampage#4963
  • XBOX:BITEsizeNINJA24

Steam Profile

I think you need to mark them as "crazy" (select them and press T and the background should go black)

Haven't tested it myself though so I might have confused it with something else.

Let me know if it works or not lol.

Wait I misread it ignore me. Although I prefer having them show up again since I have the memory of a goldfish

OK at Everything but not good at anything, well its OK I guess. This is just another thing I'm having a go at.

My todo list (although I mostly just make whatever)

Modding thread

200 songs hype

Offline   iminashi

iminashi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • 60 thanks
✓  Best Answer

Just select all the same chords and the notes in between and mark a handshape (Ctrl+Shift+H).

Offline   hooolian

hooolian

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

Thats a good idea. I didn't think of that. Thanks.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
You might be able to kind of cheat and mark those chords with the "hi dens" status, but I'm not sure if that will work as well.

Offline   hooolian

hooolian

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

You might be able to kind of cheat and mark those chords with the "hi dens" status, but I'm not sure if that will work as well.

I tried this and it did seem to work in EOF. The following chords are rendered as repeat chords in the 3D viewer. However....

EOF%20Example%202_zpshufrqarp.jpg

...It did not transfer to Rocksmith that way.

RSCapture_zps9ccijgqg.jpg

Here is an example of what I'm trying to get. This is from the Official KSE DLC "Holy Diver".  It's not the best example because it is only one repeat box, but this is what I'm going for.

RSCapture2_zpsrepawsaf.jpg

Thanks for your input.

Edited by hooolian, 20 March 2019 - 10:10 PM.

Offline   hooolian

hooolian

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

This worked. I made the handshape in EOF but it did not render the repeat boxes in the 3D viewer.EOFCapture4_zpsynnb19sb.jpg

So I was skeptical that it would work, but to my surprise...

RSCapture5_zpseyvtyam1.jpg

...It worked. Thanks iminashi.