4th track part for bonus rhythm arragement?

ShrillBear52

I'm working on a song that has 4 guitar parts and one bass.

The problem is, in EOF has only 4 arrangement part that I can use but I need one more!

I need a part for lead,bonus lead,rhythm,bonus rhythm and bass.

What can I do in this situation?

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

You would have to create a copy of your EOF project file, open that, use Track>Erase on all of the pro guitar arrangements except for the one you want to keep, then use Track>Rename on that arrangement and give it a unique name so that it won't overwrite the XML files for the 4 arrangements in your first EOF project file. At this time, five arrangements seems to be the limit that Rocksmith 2014 Remastered can support.

Can't I just make copys from the 4 existing .xml files,import the 5th track to EOF ,save it when it's ready and just rename it to something else when I import it to RS toolkit??

Also,what is "Erase" is meant to do?

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Using a second EOF project is probably the most reliable method. Erasing the unneeded tracks in the second project file and renaming the one track you use to author the fifth arrangement ensures that making and saving changes in one project won't overwrite any of the XML files created by the other project. You would be able to continue to make changes to the tablature without issue. Something to watch out for with this approach is that changes affecting the entire chart instead of just an individual track (ie. changing metadata like the song title, changing beat marker positions/tempo, adding leading silence) are not automatically made in the other project file. You would want to make your project file copy after you're certain that all beat markers and audio are to your liking to avoid having to make the same sets of changes to both project files.

Using a second EOF project is probably the most reliable method. Erasing the unneeded tracks in the second project file and renaming the one track you use to author the fifth arrangement ensures that making and saving changes in one project won't overwrite any of the XML files created by the other project. You would be able to continue to make changes to the tablature without issue. Something to watch out for with this approach is that changes affecting the entire chart instead of just an individual track (ie. changing metadata like the song title, changing beat marker positions/tempo, adding leading silence) are not automatically made in the other project file. You would want to make your project file copy after you're certain that all beat markers and audio are to your liking to avoid having to make the same sets of changes to both project files.

Alright,thanks,I'll give it a try and see how it works

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

I'd like a REAL_BONUS_PART too but I would only use it once in a while so is it really necessary. If it's not too much development this would be a must otherwise don't worry raynebc.

Thanks

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Whenever I set up new EoF projects I always "Use Source Audio Folder".

If you do this then you can make a new folder (call it "EoF for Bonus" or something), copy and paste the notes.eof and the guitar.ogg into it, load it up and edit/save as necessary.  This copies over your existing beat map and notes, which can then be easily copied and pasted about to create the arrangement you desire.

Because you have essentially 2 separate EoF projects running with the same charts, and saving into their own folders by default, then I find this the easiest way to increase the track count.

Just make sure that when you build the custom using the toolkit that you point the toolkit to the correct XML arrangements from the different folders.

I know there will be multiple ways of making the same end result, I just find this the easiest and safest way.

OK, so there's some mixed news on that. I've just about finished the changes for a fifth pro guitar track, but this completely breaks the project file compatibility with older versions of EOF 1.8 (EOF will crash). This won't be a problem for most people, just get the new EOF and don't worry about it, but the Mac users will have trouble sharing project files with others because I don't have the ability to build for Mac and can't post updates very often unless other people build it for us. Do you guys think that should be a major roadblock, provided it is mentioned in the EOF thread?

Edit: I might be able to have EOF write a backwards compatible project file if the bonus track is empty (no notes) during save. This might be the best workaround I can provide.

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@raynebc I can always help to build and test things on mac if you ever need.

Overall, backward compatibility isn't something i find necessary in this case, it's not like there's any reason for anyone to not update EOF and if you can indeed make it work when the 5th track is empty, it shouldn't be much of an issue 99% of the time.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Then we should be OK for 99% of the time. I added the special save handling so if the bonus track is empty when you save, that track is omitted from the project and it can be opened in older EOF builds without trouble.

If you can make a Mac build for the next EOF hotfix, it would be great. With this major change, I want to allow for a little user testing and prepare to make a new "release candidate" to mark the occasion, although I'm basically still just using that term to reflect another "stable" beta release.

• Like 1