CDLC Not Working on Mac - Cannot locate Cherub Rock DLC.

ricky_s6ixx

I have recently just got Rocksmith and wanted the CDLC install on RS through steam. I found the latest video on here and followed all the instructions but it is not working. I have looked back and realised that I need to install cherub rock for it to work.

HOWEVER, the steam DLC seems to have removed cherub rock pack and I cannot find it anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction to download cherub rock as this frustrating me now. I feel like I am being completely stupid here 

Do not dispair. All nope is not lost, in fact easy solutions. 

FIrst, I do not use Mac, And @ Nick Beat usually handles and fields most of the Mac questions.

Second, Cherub Rock was removed from the Store fronts in October. The License(s) expired, so the rights to the song(s) were as well.

Moving on, Nick made a video on how to install the patch, but it seems you got that part covered.

You will need another Official DLC in place of Cherub Rock. Any Official DLC will work, Take note of the song ID of that song you aquire.

Go to Github, and get RSconvert via this link https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert

Use RSconvert to change the song to Mac format and the song id /app id of any Cdlc that you download to the Song / app id of the ODLC you purchased.

The how to use Mac thread is here:

• Like 1

@ ricky_s6ixx No worries, you're not being stupid---plenty of people have issues, and when I first started I had to think on it hard a few times too!

So, as my colleague mentioned, I have a video for Mac, here:

(Just in case that's not the one you watched.)

On Windows, you no longer need Cherub Rock, but on Mac, the system still checks the app ID of CDLC to see that they match at least one ODLC app ID; the maintainer of the Mac patch doesn't know how to get around that.

So, as he mentioned, use the RSConvert utility to replace the app IDs of all your CDLC to match an ODLC you have. There are several ways to find the app ID of an ODLC; if it's still available for download you can just check the URL, the app ID shows up there.... Example: https://store.steampowered.com/app/294990/Rocksmith_2014__Bachsmith/

Let us know if you're still stuck. Oh, also: most of the real experts are on our Discord in the #mac-os channel. If we can't help you here, they can for sure.

• Like 1

Thankyou so much. This has really helped. I managed to download the CDLC into the dlc folders. The files show in the game menu now with the album artwork and song preview. however when I load the song up, the game freezes as it opens on the speakers and will not play the song. I feel like I have missed something obvious here. 

Just now, ricky_s6ixx said:

Thankyou so much. This has really helped. I managed to download the CDLC into the dlc folders. The files show in the game menu now with the album artwork and song preview. however when I load the song up, the game freezes as it opens on the speakers and will not play the song. I feel like I have missed something obvious here. 

You still need the RSBypass patch as linked in the video in the previous post. If the patch didn't work, follow the video and try it again