Cherub Rock is no longer available? Help!

lencampi

34 minutes ago, lencampi said:

I went to purchase the required son in Steam but it said "Rocksmith® 2014 - The Smashing Pumpkins - “Cherub Rock” is no longer available on the Steam store."  What can I do now? Can I play it at all if I do not have that song?

Currently the immediate and only solution is that You will have to buy (any) another (original non custom) DLC (off of Steam) and use Customs Forge Song Manager (if using PC) and change your CDLC APPID or SONGID to the songid to that DLC you downloaded from Steam.

If you’re on Mac, there’s an alternative utility which will get you where you need to go. I have no experience with Mac

14 hours ago, Shroud said:

Wasn't there someone a couple years ago who managed to use the game application ID instead of Cherub Rock ID, to enable CDLCs without ANY DLC? Or was it fake news?

I am unaware and unable to find an example of this in the past. About a month ago, (does not personally matter for me as most of us obviously already using Cherub Rock, as well as I am using the beta version with the old .dll...) I was searching for something else and came across this on reddit. I myself am not a reddit user, but this was posted;

"Any song can be used. Infact I believe there is someone toying with a new DLL mod that can use any ID without having to change each cdlc file first."

If this is true, and if it does pan out, then that will be extremely useful to new users.

• Administrator

As far as i'm aware, there's nothing happening on that front that is serious, there has been talk about it though.

CDLC will need to have their ID changed for any "newcomer".

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
For PC (windows), i put the custom song and used the tool to change the AppID etc. and song actually appears on the song list but it never starts. I come to the point where I tune the guitar and start the song but nothing shows up. My guitar sound is there, the amps on the screen react to it but the song just never starts. Besides, only way to exit is Alt+F4 at that point since the game just doesn't answer keyboard commands anymore.

What have i done wrong? Is it because not downloading the .dll? I thought this step isn't necessary with the tool anymore...

2 hours ago, Cursed_Chord said:

used the tool to change the AppID etc.

What tool?

2 hours ago, Cursed_Chord said:

Is it because not downloading the .dll? I thought this step isn't necessary with the tool anymore..

No, the .dll is very much needed, did you run the CDLC Enabler? I believe you have this entirely backwards. The new .dll makes so that you no longer need Cherub Rock or need to change the AppID

20 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

What tool?

No, the .dll is very much needed, did you run the CDLC Enabler? I believe you have this entirely backwards. The new .dll makes so that you no longer need Cherub Rock or need to change the AppID

Thanks for your answer.

I am talking about this tool:
image.png.9a19d2634246b961d75f7f2161876a8d.png

I followed the steps mentioned in this video. And the .dll isn't mentioned there, that's why i was a bit confused.

37 minutes ago, Cursed_Chord said:

I followed the steps mentioned in this video

I also do not see any mention of it in that video.

some notes: that video is over 5 years old and out dated now

and a better resource would have been this link from above "use cdlc"

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014-remastered-updated-for-2023/

• 2 weeks later...

yeah the song going past tuning and not starting is a sign you don't have the dll to enable cdlc,    changing the app id on a cdlc just gets it to show in game, not to make it able to play.  the important part is getting the dll so that it will play

• Like 1