Rocksmith 2014 being delisted from Steam.

Kulutues

Question

Ubisoft is delisting Rocksmith 2014 and all it's DLC on October 23rd.

(https://www.gamestat.info/critically-acclaimed-ubisoft-game-is-getting-delisted-35029.html)

I'm quite disappointed in this, there are a lot of oDLC I still wanted to get, but was planning on getting over time. With this information, are any of you planning to move to Rocksmith+? And is the official stance from CustomForge on oDLC staying the same?

12 answers to this question

I have no interest in Rocksmith -. I will continue to use 2014 until either it no longer works, I learn every song I can with it completely, or I die.

As you said in your post, the article states all content will be delisted as well.

I find this difficult to swallow as when original Rocksmith, or Rocksmith1 or Rocksmith 2011, whatever you want to call it delisted, the DLC remained in the store until the licenses expire.

I think we need clarification / an official statement. I was unable to find anything of the such. As Rocksmith 2014 licenses from the base game expire on the 23rd as well as:

Mind Eraser, No Chaser Them Crooked Vultures 2013-10-22  
Cherub Rock The Smashing Pumpkins 2013-10-22  
Ho Hey The Lumineers 2013-10-22  
Hate to Say I Told You So The Hives 2013-10-22  
Elephant Tame Impala 2013-10-22  
My God is the Sun Queens of the Stone Age 2013-10-22  
25 or 6 to 4 Chicago 2013-10-22  
The Sky is Crying Albert King 2013-10-22

I am not an insider, I do not know anyone at Ubi. I assume that they will follow the same course as the delisting of the original Rocksmith. I find it difficult to believe that they would pay for 10 years licensing on songs, such as Opeth for them to delist them 2 years later. But hey, what do I know. Smarter people in smaller companies have made dumber decisions.

EDIT:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n55089/rocksmith-2014-delisting

"As for Rocksmith 2014 Edition DLC, the publisher notes that DLC packs and singles for the game will be delisted "over time as well." Of course, if you've already purchased Rocksmith 2014 Edition or any of its DLC packs, you will still be able to download and play them once they're delisted. "

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-au/game/rocksmith/plus/news-updates/2aWHQHdEaMlORjQqmJwzmg/rocksmith-2014-leaving-stores

Now as we approach that decade mark, we must remove Rocksmith 2014 for purchase from all digital storefronts as of October 23, 2023. DLC packs and Singles for Rocksmith 2014 will be removed from those storefronts over time as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kulutues said:

And is the official stance from CustomForge on oDLC staying the same?

It is more than safe to say that the position will remain the same for the time being.

1 hour ago, deadbydawn69 said:

Im just hoping once the songs are delisted, somehow the community can come together and figure out a way to for us to still learn those songs. As a fail safe though, i got Death, Morbid Angel & Funkadelics tracks bought  as soon as i heard the news.

That is a discussion for when no more songs are available as DLC, all have been delisted, or staff changes their mind. I do not see them changing their stance anytime soon before all of the licenses expire. It is more than prudent to get the songs that you want or will want now as it will be 8 years before the rest of the DLC licenses expire.

5 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

I have no interest in Rocksmith -. I will continue to use 2014 until either it no longer works, I learn every song I can with it completely, or I die....

...Now as we approach that decade mark, we must remove Rocksmith 2014 for purchase from all digital storefronts as of October 23, 2023. DLC packs and Singles for Rocksmith 2014 will be removed from those storefronts over time as well.

Fantastic find, thank you so much for tracking this down. At least now I don't have to panic buy a bunch of DLC! 

20 hours ago, Kulutues said:

now I don't have to panic buy a bunch of DLC!

That article (you linked) was more than misleading and panic inducing to say the least. Before original Dlc started listed I procrastinated on a songs that I was not aware that the licenses expired (and missed). After they started delisting, I started month by month figuring out what songs to spring for, trying to be at least a month ahead, and the difficult decisions as to what ones that were not of (my personal) interest that I would have to let go. It is difficult to listen in a rush to songs / Artists / Musicians that I have never heard of or only heard of in passing to try and figure out if what was going to delist would be something I was going to regret and ruminate not getting. As well as other well known songs that were available. Just can not justify buying the entire catalog of DLC.

Seeing that article say that EVERYthing was going to delist would create panic. I am ahead of my plan into November / Decemberish, but that would leave years worth of DLC to try to sift through and try to decide what to budget for in 26 days. Not my idea of a good or fun time so I know where you are coming from.

• Like 1

In another thread today it was announced and pointed out that songs, Particularly the ones I posted above including Cherub Rock, as well as the rest of the Smashing Pumpkins' songs delisted a month early, and well over a month early for the other songs not listed. I would not hesitate too long, and try to get a head of the delisting as it no longer syncs with the list that is posted on Riff Repeater's site.

• Administrator
On 9/29/2023 at 6:54 AM, Sniper Reload3d said:

In another thread today it was announced and pointed out that songs, Particularly the ones I posted above including Cherub Rock, as well as the rest of the Smashing Pumpkins' songs delisted a month early, and well over a month early for the other songs not listed. I would not hesitate too long, and try to get a head of the delisting as it no longer syncs with the list that is posted on Riff Repeater's site.

For what it is worth, the situation has been fixed and the DLC are now available again (though they are likely to be delisted on 23rd of October).

• Thanks 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

4 hours ago, firekorn said:

For what it is worth, the situation has been fixed and the DLC are now available again (though they are likely to be delisted on 23rd of October).

I had posted this in 2 other threads when "They / the powers that be" returned it to the Steam Store, apparently I had missed posting it in this thread too.

On 9/25/2023 at 5:04 PM, deadbydawn69 said:

Im just hoping once the songs are delisted, somehow the community can come together and figure out a way to for us to still learn those songs. As a fail safe though, i got Death, Morbid Angel & Funkadelics tracks bought  as soon as i heard the news.

It would certainly be nice to have the RATM Killing in the Name of version that is not censored, which makes no sense for that song. For example.