Coming back to Rocksmith (after long pause)

myrddin

Question

He folks... I was using this site and methods a while ago (2 years or so ago) and had lost touch with playing and using Rocksmith. How is this working today with the remastered version. If I make the changes to play the custom songs, will it cause me to have issues with the app or playing on the app? Seems like in the past it was pretty stable. I see lots of issues here, and I just didn't want to set things up if I get right into problems... may want to play for a bit on the app with no changes. I have the PC version. Honestly there are only a handful I would like to add.

3 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, myrddin said:

2 years or so ago

First thing you will want to do is download the latest D3DXP_42.dll, either rename or move the old dll (the two conflict) as there was an update to Rocksmith in Sept.;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?resourcekey=0-fbWMN9R83EFvASSbAIgNbA

or use the enabler;

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/cdlcenabler

otherwise when attempting to use the cDLC you will not get past the load screen with the amps

• Like 1

another question. Do I need the original Rocksmith installed as well as the remastered version to have all DLC's? Or is there an advantage to having them both installed? I just noticed that I do is why I ask. It's not that I care... just trying to understand if it helps with the custom files. I would never play the original... just forgot it was still on my PC.