How do I set my own custom song preview?

Hello, this is my first post here and I'm pretty sorry if this is not a proper place to post this or if this has an answer already, though English is not my main language and I tried searching this a lot and found nothing regarding to this.

Song Creator has an ultra vague information about "Song preview" and doesn't explain how it works. I wish someone could answer me if it is possible to create my own custom preview, if not...then how do I create the fade-in/fade-outs of it?

Thanks for the attention

12 minutes ago, AcidDragonGraugh said:

Hello, this is my first post here and I'm pretty sorry if this is not a proper place to post this or if this has an answer already, though English is not my main language and I tried searching this a lot and found nothing regarding to this.

Song Creator has an ultra vague information about "Song preview" and doesn't explain how it works. I wish someone could answer me if it is possible to create my own custom preview, if not...then how do I create the fade-in/fade-outs of it?

Thanks for the attention

The toolkit looks for the filename "guitar_preview.wav" assuming you're using the "guitar.ogg" file from EOF. You can create a preview using something like audacity and add the fade in's using that.
eDFdjCc.png

dlc builder (requires wwise 2021) lets you enter a timestamp to create a preview from wherever you want in the song and will automatically add the fade in/out's which is quite a bit easier.
rkgnpqD.png

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Oh my, very fast answer, thank you so much.

I'll try your methods once I have time, I spent the whole day creating a CDLC and now I'm resting to continue tomorrow, I'll post here again tomorrow, thank you so much for the information. I will try the DLC builder as well, since I'm still on the old method, gotta test that new one and see how it goes.

Thank you so much for the quick reply again. 🙂

• Like 1

Gotta thank you for this, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting a preview with Toolkit. However.

I installed Wwise 2021, and DLC Builder. 2+ days I have been struggling with this. First it wouldn't actually chart the song. Open it up in Rocksmith and it would show the fretboard for about 2 seconds and close the song. No music, no notes, song didn't start.

I completely scrapped my first 2 projects.

I got that resolved;

but I am still left with this issue. After adding the guitar.ogg, DLC Builder will give me an error. I can not create to edit the preview start time, nor compile the chart. If i try either it gives me a permissions error.

I tried running as Admin. No dice, still getting a permissions error.

What am I missing?

DLC Builder.jpg

If I move the .wav file to a different folder, and select it there, I can at least compile the song, and get a preview. I can not however edit it.

If I use the same folder, or the files are from the same folder, It gives me an error.

11 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

What am I missing?

Maybe try moving the eof project folder/dlc builder install elsewhere? Although being on the desktop shouldn't cause any issues.

If there's an existing preview from the toolkit still there you might also have to delete those ones too before generating a new one.

• Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

16 hours ago, coldrampage said:

If there's an existing preview

Nah, was no preview on the first try, deleted everything in subsequent tries, and tried moving the files to other folders.

Tried another computer, worked perfectly. I appreciate the help. Was driving me nuts trying to figure it out that and why no preview when using Toolkit. If it was in the tutorials, i apparently missed it.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy