Jump to content

  • 0

rocksmith usb guitar adapter driver error **SOLVED**


Brute Larson
 Share

Question

Just got new laptop and when i plug in my cable it displays the rocksmith usb guitar adapter in devices and printers with the yellow error stating "status: driver error"

I got this same error in my desktop but not my previous laptop which is now inop. 

i know the cable works because it worked not only in my old laptop,  but still also works on my ps3.

ive tried everything i can find online to fix this but nothing has helped...i was wondering if there was a difference between older cables and newer ones? if not is there anyway to get this working? Its looking like my playing may come to an end 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderator
12 hours ago, Brute Larson said:

if not is there anyway to get this working? Its looking like my playing may come to an end

Crtl + Right click on the start button, open device manager, right click on the cable in the list and click" update driver", click "browse my computer for drivers", click "let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer", untick "show compatible", click on the "(generic usb audio)" category on the right and select "USB Audio Device" on the right. Then click next a few times to update the drivers.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                            「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                                  Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                                     Modding thread (dead)                                                  500 songs hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Crtl + Right click on the start button, open device manager, right click on the cable in the list and click" update driver", click "browse my computer for drivers", click "let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer", untick "show compatible", click on the "(generic usb audio)" category on the right and select "USB Audio Device" on the right. Then click next a few times to update the drivers.

TY for your assistance, this did not fix the issue. I got the following message:

Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device.

USB Audio Device

This device cannot start. (code 10)

 

I have heard that this may require a powered usb 2 hub which I tried and did not work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator
26 minutes ago, Brute Larson said:

This device cannot start. (code 10)

I have heard that this may require a powered usb 2 hub which I tried and did not work.

Hmm since it's (probably) not a driver issue and it works on other devices I think it could be something caused by the usb slot on the pc but since a powered hub didn't fix either it I'm not too sure what else to try other than using some different usb slots since maybe the connection going into the pc is dodgy?

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                            「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                                  Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                                     Modding thread (dead)                                                  500 songs hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
11 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Hmm since it's (probably) not a driver issue and it works on other devices I think it could be something caused by the usb slot on the pc but since a powered hub didn't fix either it I'm not too sure what else to try other than using some different usb slots since maybe the connection going into the pc is dodgy?

I tried that also and made sure all the ports were operational. I've heard that there is a difference between the older realtone cable which i have  (came with rocksmith) and the newer one (the one that came with rocksmith 2014) do you think that getting a new cable might address the issue? Or are they in fact identical in nature?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator
6 hours ago, Brute Larson said:

I tried that also and made sure all the ports were operational. I've heard that there is a difference between the older realtone cable which i have  (came with rocksmith) and the newer one (the one that came with rocksmith 2014) do you think that getting a new cable might address the issue? Or are they in fact identical in nature?

I've been using one from rs2012 too and never had any issues, I doubt there's any major differences since they're all compatible with each other.

It might be worth trying a new cable but I can't guarantee it'll fix it since I've got no clue why it's not working on pc but fine on others/console. You could use the realtone cable for console playing and try an interface or other input cable for pc with rsasio/direct connect mods.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                            「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                                  Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                                     Modding thread (dead)                                                  500 songs hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 3/9/2022 at 7:50 AM, Brute Larson said:

I tried that also and made sure all the ports were operational. I've heard that there is a difference between the older realtone cable which i have  (came with rocksmith) and the newer one (the one that came with rocksmith 2014) do you think that getting a new cable might address the issue? Or are they in fact identical in nature?

Get an audio usb interface like the Scarlett 2i2, and you don't even have to use a real tone cable.  You can just plug a guitar cable into your interface and walla!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 hours ago, Xellot said:

Get an audio usb interface like the Scarlett 2i2, and you don't even have to use a real tone cable.  You can just plug a guitar cable into your interface and walla!

looks like thats going to be the plan, ive looked into this and seems the most direct route. im going to see if i can get one this weekend.

regarding model, i was looking into getting the scarlett solo, would you recommend the 2i2 over that?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 hours ago, Xellot said:

Get an audio usb interface like the Scarlett 2i2, and you don't even have to use a real tone cable.  You can just plug a guitar cable into your interface and walla!

also, have you used this before? If so what was your experience? From what ive seen there is a little more than just plugging it in and going, apparently there is some adjusting of some files involved to trick the game into thinking it is running through a realtone cable which shouldn't be a big deal but it always seems the instructions to do this are focused towards individuals who are more familiar with this type of hardware. Are you aware of any indepth installation  instruction of this interface for the purpose of using it with rocksmith other than whats on youtube?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 hours ago, Xellot said:

Get an audio usb interface like the Scarlett 2i2, and you don't even have to use a real tone cable.  You can just plug a guitar cable into your interface and walla!

Also, does using this interface bypass the rocksmith driver error / error 10 / hocksmith issue? In other words, when using this device what shows up in the device manager hopefully not the driver that hasnt been working for me. I'm assuming that it uses something totally different. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

VICTORY IS MINE!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I got the Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 3, got it home and went through the process of getting everything setup. I used this instruction from youtube: 

Initially I was getting an error that said. NO AUDIO DEVICE IS DETECTED PLEASE CONNECT AND ENABLE AN AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE THEN START ROCKSMITH.

One thing that wasn't mentioned in the video was the fact that you have to download the drivers for the Focusrite Scarlett solo from the Focusrite website. I figured the drivers would auto install and that wasn't the case. (I would def get these drivers first) once I did this it fixed the aforementioned error.  Everything else regarding setup was as per the video.

For audio I used a Livewire 1/4" male / 3.5mm female headphones adapter and some external speakers connected to the headphones output on the Solo.

I'm going to hook my amp up to it VIA monitor ports on the back later and see how that works out.

As far as the sound is concerned, it seemed much better than the realtone cable, there was zero lag and it was considerably more comfortable to play with a guitar cable of realistic length. 

BOTTOM LINE: I should have done this a long time ago and would highly recommend switching over. No more error 10 / driver error / hocksmit error or any other crazy error i would get.

Hope this helps others who have been frustrated with the various realtone cable errors.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 hours ago, Brute Larson said:

VICTORY IS MINE!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I got the Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 3, got it home and went through the process of getting everything setup. I used this instruction from youtube: 

Initially I was getting an error that said. NO AUDIO DEVICE IS DETECTED PLEASE CONNECT AND ENABLE AN AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE THEN START ROCKSMITH.

One thing that wasn't mentioned in the video was the fact that you have to download the drivers for the Focusrite Scarlett solo from the Focusrite website. I figured the drivers would auto install and that wasn't the case. (I would def get these drivers first) once I did this it fixed the aforementioned error.  Everything else regarding setup was as per the video.

For audio I used a Livewire 1/4" male / 3.5mm female headphones adapter and some external speakers connected to the headphones output on the Solo.

I'm going to hook my amp up to it VIA monitor ports on the back later and see how that works out.

As far as the sound is concerned, it seemed much better than the realtone cable, there was zero lag and it was considerably more comfortable to play with a guitar cable of realistic length. 

BOTTOM LINE: I should have done this a long time ago and would highly recommend switching over. No more error 10 / driver error / hocksmit error or any other crazy error i would get.

Hope this helps others who have been frustrated with the various realtone cable errors.

 

Glad I helped push you in the right direction haha!  I haven't played my guitar in almost 6 months to a year I'm guessing.  Either way, I went through the same ole boooooooosh*t you were going through, and I said the hell with it, and went and bought a Scarlett 2i2 and never looked back 😉   What would be nice is if you had a y splitter, and another PC, or a PC strong enough to run an AMP simulator like Neural DSP Fortin Nameless in the background!  🙂  Just turn the guitar sound down on the game, so you'll still hear the song playing, but your guitar tones come from the Amp sim! (;  There's alot of guys that use things like this.  Check out youtube, or Twitch!  I would get on Twitch occasionally, and see some guys playing and I'm like WTF!  My shit doesn't sound like that lol!  Cheers bro!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy