Getting Line 6 POD 2.0 to work with Rocksmith

fsimao

Hi guys,

I look everywhere for some help and didn't get any conclusive answers to this so I thought I just asked here.

I have a line6 POD 2.0 and I wanted to use it as a "pedal" between my guitar and Rocksmith. The objective would be to use POD's effects instead of the ones in Rocksmith. I tried to connect my guitar through the input and connect the Ubisoft cable to the Output and if I put the guitar volume to 0 in the game and set the tone to the default one, I can hear the POD's effect, but it's so low, it's impossible to play like that. 

Another thing, is that even at 0 volume, the Rocksmith and POD effects get mixed, especially if I choose another preset in the game. 

Does anyone know what I'm missing here? Is there a way to use this reliably and what configuration should I be using in game/windows?

Thanks a lot to those that can help me.

Hi guys,

I look everywhere for some help and didn't get any conclusive answers to this so I thought I just asked here.

I have a line6 POD 2.0 and I wanted to use it as a "pedal" between my guitar and Rocksmith. The objective would be to use POD's effects instead of the ones in Rocksmith. I tried to connect my guitar through the input and connect the Ubisoft cable to the Output and if I put the guitar volume to 0 in the game and set the tone to the default one, I can hear the POD's effect, but it's so low, it's impossible to play like that. 

Another thing, is that even at 0 volume, the Rocksmith and POD effects get mixed, especially if I choose another preset in the game. 

Does anyone know what I'm missing here? Is there a way to use this reliably and what configuration should I be using in game/windows?

Thanks a lot to those that can help me.

I think you'd need a splitter or the note recognition would be terrible since the pod effects are going through rocksmith, then you'd have to connect it to an external amp, or as a mic input and check "listen to this device"

If you can live with botched note detection, turn off audio exclusivity and run through the pod into rs, set guitar 1 volume to 0 in the rocksmith mixer (pause during song and select mixer) and in windows sound settings check "listen to this device" and uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control over this device". 

Or try microphone mode, I think it disables the tones so if you can get it to unrecognize the realtone cable you can just run it through there without screwing all your sound settings.

I'm afraid I can't test these myself but I hope they are somewhat useful.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 2 weeks later...