Headphone recommendations

michigan0626

I am just getting started on Rocksmith with a bass guitar. Looking for recommendations for a set of headphones that really lets the bass guitar shine. Not some over amplified, feel in the chest, bass drum thumpers.

Spending maybe an hour looking online the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's are highly reviewed. Only cost $150. There is also a Blutooth version I could get for casual music listening.But I want something that will make the bass guitar pop on Rocksmith.

Thanx

• Administrator

@@michigan0626 Avoid BT at all cost for RS. BT can't offer less than 100ms of latency in its current state and should be avoided for any latency sensible situation.

As for finding good headphones, i can only suggest to search through https://www.rtings.com/headphones
they offer the best most scientific and complete review you can ever think of.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

Yeah but i'd be careful cause the BT version of the M50X seems worse than the M50X on quite a few important area (not by a big margin though but still)

They have a good audio reproduction, which isn’t as great as the wired equivalent, but their build is practically the same, making the M50xBT quite comfortable and durable headphones. They have an excellent battery life, but their compatible app doesn’t offer much, which is disappointing. They also have too much latency to watch video content, but on the upside, they can also be used passively with the included audio cable and get rid of the latency issues, even if the battery is dead.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/audio-technica/ath-m50xbt

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I own the Audio-Technica MX50's non BT version. In my opinion they are the best audio headphones I have EVER used, they were worth every penny. I have used almost every other brand of headset/headphones (excluding Turtle Beach and Bose) and the Audio-Technicas blow all off them away when it comes to audio quality through headphones, as far as I am concerned. I am also with Firekorn that you should avoid BT whenever it comes to audio devices.

How about the aspect of comfort, I tried almost all possible, and there is only one Trademark which full fills my requirements : Bose.

I can use them for hours even during summer heat, I even sometimes forget that I'm wearing them...

Sound quality is also very good, moderate in bass as well as highs, don't forget that too much extremes may deter your hearing ability.

You may think that's unimportant, when young, but you may regret it later...

And yes, RS needs cable connection.

What do you think of the ATH-MSR7NC? Their rting critical listening scores are almost the same. The MSR7NC are noise canceling. They are $299, but amazon has them on sale for $177. I wanted to stay around $150, but if these might be better, I would drop the extra dough.

Audio46 has a head to head comparison write up, but it is for the non-noise canceling MSR7.

• 1 month later...