Not sure what im missing

HandofDume

Question

Hi.  I'm making my first custom but i think i missing a step.  Here is what i did

1. Made GP tab

2. Used Ultrasong to sync lyrics

3. Used GPA to sync notes

4. Loaded Eof

5. Imported Audio File

6. Imported GPA File

7. Dragged notes as whole to line up with audio

8. Used tool kit for package

Here is problem,  Everything works fine but once in RS2014 the song is slightly off.

I'm sure i missed an obvious step but i'm not able to determine what it is.

My guess is something needs to happen in EoF to sync the synced lyrics, synced audio, and synced notes to be all synced together,

Thanks alot for the help

6 answers to this question

• Administrator

You draged the note instead of adjusting the beat marker (the --> in EOF).

When you drag note, they don't resnap to the grid automatically and even if they did, it could lead to some note getting erased when they are on the same spot.

You should never drag the note to get in sync with the songs but always drag the beat marker it will automatically keep the note right on the spot.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

e

Thanks i thought that might be the issue.  However when i drag it moves the note too.  The note is directly on beat in tab and gpa.  In EoF say its slighty right if i move the beat marker to match in song the note no longer appear to play on beat.  Is that ok since im synced in GPA.

Is there a way to un anchor the beat point and reanchor it where i want without all notes moving

3. Used GPA to sync notes...7. Dragged notes as whole to line up with audio

Something didn't work right if you synced the tablature in Go PlayAlong but it's not synced after you import that into EOF. When you import the tablature, make sure you're importing the XML file and not just the GP file, because only the XML file contains the timings you created by synchronizing in GPA.If the GPA XML file isn't importing correctly, please send me the files so I can look into it.

Instead of dragging the notes, select all -- copy, then delete all the notes. Then position the cursor on the beat where the first note should be and paste.

If you drag the notes, they go off the grid ever-so-slightly, even with grid snap turned on.