Wwise cannot detect my mp3 files.

lokariototal

Question

3 answers to this question

@@lokariototal, please give us more input on this, step by step how to reproduce it and to understand how you're doing it :)

Well basically what Im doing is opening up EOF. Clicking on New, add the mp3 audio file, then import/guitar pro tabs. Then saving the whole .eof file in the same folder where I have eof. Then opening up wwise, creating a new project. When I go to import audio files and go to my eof creations folder, the mp3 is simply not there. Wwise cannot detect mp3 files for some reason. 

@@lokariototal, hey, here's my advice for you about your routine:

learn more about eof part, since it's not just "sync the tab and done" (which you could do in may ways also)

As for wwise part, look closely in toolkit at field for wem files, it could use your guitar.ogg already, you no longer need that manual conversion thing, all you need is supported version of wwise! Also you can change quality a bit higher than 4 if your source file was HQ rip like APE or FLAC record with 192kHz 32 bit precision(well to be honest it could be lowered already in EOF so you won't get same quality in game too so keep it low) MP3 is lossless so no biggie here.

TL;DR

Just go in toolkit and select your guitar.ogg as audio source, It will convert for you.
Your issue with wwise 2016 is that they removed mp3 support, haha. it was there in 2014 wwise for sure, but that hard to find now