HELP! CDLC files are gone..... Kind of....

Xellot

Question

Just like the title says.. Basically I moved my dlc files over to another folder, when Rocksmith 2014 (Remastered) kept crashing due to a Windows C++ Runtime error.... Initially the game worked after updating my drivers.  But then it happened again, and I decided I'd just go ahead and reinstall Steam, and Rocksmith both.   This was after I had already deleted, and replaced the updated dll. file like usual when I have a problem with Rocksmith.

The problem is, when I reinstalled the cdlc files into my dlc folder.  Something happened!!!  I only had about 1\10 of the 2600 songs that should have been there.  Furthermore... I don't know if I clicked around on a bunch of shit, or what happened.. Because I couldn't find them in the Recycling bin either... I finally did multiple searches, and searched .psarc files on my computer and found what appears to be all of my Rocksmith songs... The problem is... EVERY single one of the files except 3 or 4 are RENAMED a file with a bunch of numbers... For example instead of reading. As_I_Lay_Dying_-_The_Darkest_nights_p.psarc like it typically would... They all now show up as  1033_22000_999_000_p.psarc etc...   To make things worse theres MULTIPLE COPIES of the files.. I have like 22,000 files now, and I've tried using a duplicate file deletion app, but it was a bullshit trail, and wouldn't delete but 4 or 5 duplicates before continuing any further unless I bought the damn thing for 69 bucks... I've looked for a few others, and I will give them a try.

I didn't have file history turned on, prior to the day I somehow managed to **** all of this up!    I've tried to "restore previous versions" but there is none to restore on any of the p.psarc files!  

So in a nutshell I have all my cdlc files it seems, but they're all renamed a bunch of random numbers, and underscores.  Ihave no damn clue how to get them back to their original form.. I've even tried opening the files in notepad, just to see if the code mentioned the band name, and title where I could manually start renaming the files..      

So did I lose 9\10's of my cdlcs???  I appear to have all of the files, and shitloads of copies now which is CORKING UP my entire hardrive..  I just haven't deleted any of them yet, due to the fact I would like to get my cdlc back if it's possible...  Does ANYONE have a clue, how I can get the files back to their original version where it had the artist, and the title listed???  

Also  I don't use the CFSM, I have it, but I just recently uninstalled it.  Because when I tried to use it for the100% bug fix, I noticed some cdlc wasn't showing up, and I'd rather have my cdlc than fix the 100 % bug fix...  Plus that only applies to some songs in particular!  But I did try piddling around with it, after installing all of the p.psarc files back into my dlc folder in hopes that the game might recognize them.  But I had no luck.  I am stumped!!  I damn near said the hell with it, and deleted all of the files because I have no room on my hard drive at the moment.  This is my last attempt, in hopes of restoring the files, before I say **** it, and delete them because I can hardly operate my system right now... .   ANY help, or suggestions to try, I would be greatful for!  Cheers fellas! 

Here's my computer info..

Surface Pro Tablet  (First Gen)

Edition:  Windows 10

Processor:   Intel® Core) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz  1.70 GHz

Graphics:  Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Installed RAM:  4.00 GB (3.89 GB Usable)

System type:  64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

• Developer

Once you get rid of that "maybe I got a virus' issue.  There's no problem with renaming your cdlc/dlc back to something usable.  Ez.pee.z

1.  Put the strange named dlc/cdlc back into the Rocksmith2014/dlc folder.

2.  Fire the latest beta version of CFSM.    Follow screen prompts to select you Rocksmith2014 installation folder and load the song collection.

Now you have two options to rename your collection.

Option A: (recommended)

• From the CFSM 'Song Manager' tab down towards the bottom right side, click on 'Select All/None'  Make sure all cdlc get selected.
  • From the 'Files' tab dropdown menu select 'Organize ArtistName Subfolder'.  This will rename you cdlc/dlc as Artist_Song_version_p.psarc and put them into seperate Artist folders.
  • From the 'Files' tab dropdown menu select 'Restore CDLC to 'dlc' folder.  This step moves the renamed cdlc back to the 'dlc' folder.
  • All Done

Option B

• From the 'Renamer' tab menu select any custom naming pattern that you want.
  • Press the button "Rename All Songs".
  • Go get some coffee ... this option takes longer.

Oh, and CFSM will help you to get rid of the duplicates.  Check the 'Duplicates' tab menu.  It would be a good idea to get rid of the duplicates before renaming. 

Report back and let me know how it worked.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

It's 2:19 am.  I've been at the bar all night.  I hope I do this right lol!  But I miss the **** out of my CDLC!  I wanted to jamt he minute I got in, and I'm so dependent on my CDLC songs for fun, I don't even play without it.  I have RS on my XB1 also.   But it's shit compared to CDLC with PC.  Anyway I'm about to give it a whirl.  I'll comment if I have any questions...  Thanks again bud.  Stay tuned!

I can't figure it out.. CFSM keeps crashing, and throwing up a log report.  I'm thinking since I've tampered with the fiels so much I sould just reinstall Steam, and RS again, and then put the dlc files in the folder and follow your directions.  What do you think?

http://C:\Users\Nathan Coulter\Downloads\Documents\NATHANCOULTER\Data\C\Users\OneDrive\Pictures\ScreenshotsOk so I don't have any viruses, and I put the .psarc files back in my RS dlc folder.  But they don't show up.  None of them do.  I deleted and reinstalled CFSM, and the dll file.  Here are a few images of what my folder currently looks like.  On this first one, you'll see the file highlighted at the top, and that is how most of the files look, the ones that actually have names are bought DLC, and the one down below the mouse has selected are shortcuts.  I haven't deleted any of them yet, But i Know there's massive amounts of copies!   HELP!

• Developer

I can't figure it out.. CFSM keeps crashing, and throwing up a log report.  I'm thinking since I've tampered with the fiels so much I sould just reinstall Steam, and RS again, and then put the dlc files in the folder and follow your directions.  What do you think?

CFSM is independent of Steam and RS so these are not cause CFSM to crash.  Please post valid links to screenshots and any error messages. (the link you provided above does not work)  Also need to know your system specs and av (have a look at my signature for what is need for further help).

As long as your CDLC files end with _p.psarc then CFSM should be able to recognize them.

Use a program like OscarsRenamer, if you need to do a bulk rename of the CDLC file extensions so that CFSM can recognize them.  Do a Google search to find a download link for OscarsRenamer.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.