Eliminate Chord names/panes

MVega

I'm working on a lead part that has a lot of double-stops in it. Mostly on the high-E and B strings. But EOF insists on giving them chord names (and creating chord panes for them too).

Now, I don't consider these as chords -- they're only two notes, after all. So, how do I elminate BOTH the chord name and the chord panes? They're distracting for a solo part.

I can understand naming and creating chord panes for power chords, but not for double-stops. They just clutter up the noteway.

Unless I'm missing something? Right now, the only way I've found is to give them new names by placing a space instead of chord name. But I'm guessing this will still place them in chord panes. 

I'd like to switch off chord naming entirely. Is this possible?

The only way I know of to get rid of the chord panes currently is to turn off grid snap and offset one of the notes slightly.  Less than ideal, especially if you have a lot of them throughout the song.  raynebc and Berneer are trying to get it to work with tech notes but I believe there is an issue with how it functions in the toolkit.  I'm not sure how it stands now but one of them may.

Any two single notes at the same position have to be treated as a chord, Rocksmith requires this and so does EOF. All official RS songs that I've ever seen display double stops with chord panes. If you want them to show up as single notes, cstewart's suggestion is the most likely way to achieve it, but you're going to have a lot of manual changes to make to the chart. What Berneer and I are working on regarding tech notes is another matter.

There's no status in EOF that allows for that (alter the start position of a note), but there's a technique to override the stop position of a note (which wouldn't help in this case). Even if you separate two notes by 1ms though, there have been some reports in the past that Rocksmith still wouldn't display two different notes when they were really close to each other. There may be some kind of threshold minimum distance the game requires between two notes or it could have been a toolkit issue or something. It would really be the easiest option to keep the double stops as chords and override the chord names with spaces if that's what you want.