Marked Sections start too early

Hornet871

I've decided to split a solo into multiple sections, instead of sections and phrases. However, when going into the Riff Repeater, I noticed that they start a beat or so earlier than EoF shows them being marked. I've double-checked the XML files to make sure that there were no timing errors, but there were none. The link below shows three pairs of screenshots for each section transition:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1yg7v0ajqf7hwx8/AACxGBHf_vLGfZ78sbi4bKRYa?dl=0

• Administrator

You have no time signature defined in EOF so it's automatically set to 4/4 and all your so called misplaced section are due to the fact that DDC always replace section on the first beat of a measure which is not where you sections are in the first place.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

Well you can choose if section are track specific or not which should help but if it moves on one track, it will move on the others too and i strongly suggest to set the Time Signature first to know where DDC will force the section.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

It is actually an option but it might not then represent correctly where the first beat of the measure really is in the song (it's not vital but the devil is in the detail).

Note that depending on how things were done, you might actually have the first beat already off and changing the offset might set it right too but that's impossible for me to tell just looking at those screen shot (note that the GP tab is likely to be correct on this then it's up to you to decide).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I noticed after trying this that changing the offset really didn't help or hurt my efforts. I also discovered that I can change the Time Signature at any given point, but that's a universal change across all instruments. However, using this while the beat offset is at its original location, I was able to halve the time signature during the solo without disrupting the rhythm guitar. I must thank you for helping me find that solution, this actually should go significantly more smoothly now!

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look like you have phrases defined in EoF.

Does DDC not prioritise manual phrases before forcing main beats?  I dunno, I would think it should.

If you have sections defined in EoF, does it not warn you when saving of the lack of phrases and ask if you want to place them?

Also, I'd really recommend re-snapping all your arrangements (including tech notes) before saving in EoF.  Notes that are milliseconds off of beats can cause DDC to act a little strange too.

That's actually something I've looked into before, making sure everything is grid-snapped properly, and I've got phrase markers in there. However, I was able to apply firekorn's solution in a way that didn't negatively affect the other arrangements. What I ended up doing was changing the time signature anywhere that proved necessary. This way, I was able to place my section/phrase markers -- for all three tracks -- without error