How to add custom songs on Mac

How to Use Custom DLC (cDLC) on Mac

Here's a condensed version for those of you who have a hard time following instructions.

The following instructions are for Rocksmith 2014 Remastered, with the latest update installed (latest update released Dec. 13, 2016).  These instructions may not work for older versions or pirated versions of the game, and I will provide no support for pirated versions.  Please buy the game and support the developer.  Without the game, we would have nothing to play customs with anyway.

For all those who are using the latest updated version of Rocksmith 2014, and need to get it working again, you no longer need RSInjector.  Please follow steps 6 & 7 to get your cDLC working again.  You can delete RSInjector.

Here are all the steps (You must follow all of the steps, so read them carefully):

• Your user account needs to be an Administrator account.
  • Download and install Steam. It must be installed in the default location.
  • Purchase and download Rocksmith 2014.
  • Purchase the Smashing Pumpkins "Cherub Rock" DLC for Rocksmith 2014. You must buy it, so that it is licensed to you. You can purchase a different RS2014 DLC if you want, but using Cherub Rock is the easiest as that is the default AppID used by most cDLC's here.  If you choose to purchase dlc other than Cherub Rock, it must be RS2014 dlc.  Purchasing original Rocksmith 1 dlc will not work.  You will also have to use the RS Toolkit to change the AppID of each cDLC that you download to match the official DLC that you purchased.  This is why buying Cherub Rock is recommended.
  • Download the Rocksmith Patch:   See below for links
  • Unzip the patch file and double-click on "RUN_PATCH_RS.command" to run the patch.  This will patch the Rocksmith 2014 app file to allow cDLC's to work.   **If you encounter a permissions error, see the note below**
  • Download the customs you want. Make sure they end in "_m.psarc". If they end in "_p.psarc" they are PC only versions and will need to be converted with the Toolkit. I'll put instructions for that down below.
  • Place the customs in the dlc folder. The location is: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014  
    • It is a hidden folder, so the easiest way to find it is to open Finder, and using the "Go" menu, select "Go To Folder" and paste the location in there. You can then drag the dlc folder to your sidebar to create a permanent link.
    • You can also find the folder by opening Steam and going to your games library and right-clicking on Rocksmith 2014, and choosing "Properties".  Select the "Local Files" tab and click on "Browse Local Files"
  • Launch Rocksmith 2014 by either opening Steam and running it from "Library", or launch it from the Mac Launchpad by clicking on "Rocksmith 2014"
  • Say goodbye to your family, friends, and free time. You won't be seeing any of them for a while.

Each time that Rocksmith 2014 is updated you will need to run the patch again.  It is suggested that you store the original zip file in a safe backup location so that you always have it.

Rocksmith Patch:

-- You must download the file and extract it locally on your Mac.  DO NOT use the "Open With" feature of Google Drive.

**If you encounter a permissions error while running the patch:

1. Right-click on the patch and select "Get Info"
  2. Under "Sharing & Permissions", make sure that all users listed have "Read & Write" permissions.
  3. If they do not, click the small lock icon in the bottom right corner to allow the permissions to be changed, and enter your Admin password.  Then select each user that needs to be changed and alter the permissions.
  4. Repeat for the other two files needed for the patch ("insert_dylib" and "libRYBypass.dylib")

To convert PC customs to Mac version:

https://customsforge.com/index.php/topic/49767-rocksmith-tools-launcher-for-mac/?do=findComment&comment=301299

^^^^^ DOWNLOAD THIS ^^^^^

• Download and install Mono (do this first, it will save you from having problems later -- See below for which version to use and for how to verify it was installed correctly)
  • Download the latest version of the Toolkit: https://www.rscustom.net/builds
  • Open the Toolkit, (be patient, it can take up to 20 minutes for it to open the very first time)
  • MacOS blocks apps from unidentified developers from opening by default:App_Blocked.png
  • Open System Preferences, click on "Security and Privacy", and click on "Open Anyway":Open_Anyway.png
  • Click on the "Converter" tab
  • Source is PC, Target is Mac
  • Click on "Choose DLC To Convert" and navigate to where you downloaded the cDLC to.
  • Click "Open"
  • Wait anywhere from 3-30 seconds for the file to convert. Generally, if it takes longer than 60 seconds then there is a problem with the custom and it won't convert. You need to Force Quit the app (press Command + Option + Escape). If you notify the charter who created the cDLC they will generally help you out by converting it on their end, or updating/fixing their posted version

To Install Mono:

It seems the Toolkit requires specific versions of Mono in order to work (which version depends on which OS you have).

For Mavericks users, you need to get version 3.4.0 (the below version of 3.10.0 may also work, but I have not confirmed this).

For Yosemite users, install this corrected version of 3.10.0:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3eizyw4cuzpi2d/MonoFramework-MDK-3.10.0.26.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg?dl=0

For El Capitan and MacOS Sierra:

Download the latest release of Mono, found here:   http://www.mono-project.com/download/

To verify that Mono is installed correctly:

• Open Terminal
  • Type:  mono --version  and press enter
  • This will show you which version of Mono is installed
  • If the result is "command not found" then Mono is not installed correctly

*** Some users have experienced problems with Mono not installing properly on MacOS Sierra.  If you can't get Mono installed correctly, try version 4.0.4 which can be downloaded here:

https://download.mono-project.com/archive/4.0.4/macos-10-x86/

If you still continue to experience problems getting Mono to install, try these steps:

• Open Terminal
  • Type:  sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin
  • Press enter   -- this creates the directory that Mono needs to install into
  • You will be prompted for your password.  Type it in and press enter
  • Type:  sudo chmod 777 /usr/local
  • Press enter  -- this give your user account read/write access to the directory to install Mono
  • Reinstall Mono v4.0.4 and verify the installation with the steps above

RS Toolkit:

If You Get A Message About The Toolkit Requiring Mono 2.8 or Higher To Run (Despite Installing Any of the Versions of Mono Above):

Once Mono is installed correctly, use this version of the Toolkit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ongd4aunfuhid0b/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.zip?dl=0

This is an older version of the Toolkit, but it will allow you to convert PC customs to Mac, as well as update AppID if needed, and extract tabs.  I have edited the script that launches this version of the Toolkit to ignore the check for which version of Mono is installed.

For some reason this modification does not work on newer versions of the Toolkit.

Thanks to @Angar1982, @@firekorn, and everyone else involved for their work on creating the solution and patch file.

• Like 47
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How to Use Custom DLC (cDLC) on Mac   Here's a condensed version for those of you who have a hard time following instructions.   The following instructions are for Rocksmith 2014 R

@Zero_black_zero  For anyone with Mac 64 bit Rocksmith 2014 Remastered issues.  Here's what to do: 1) Uninstall Rocksmith.  Make sure you DELETE the steam folder/files under application support when

64-Bit (Catalina and latest Rocksmith Update): Download, unzip and run the "run rs patch.command", then launch Rocksmith as normal. https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing OP UPDATED  

Posted Images

Hi. How could I diagnose an issue with with rocksmith no seeing my cdlc?

I've purchased Rocksmith 2012 The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock song.

I've put the song in ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/ directory by name Akihiro-Honda_Quiets-Theme_v1_m.psarc

I've installed patch and it shown no errors.

I've ran rocksmith, but don't see this song.

My rocksmith version is Build #364775.

My mac version is 10.12.

Thank you.

---------------

Update.

Got it working too.

Probably need to add to first post that you have to put dynamic libs in rocksmith directory.

Hi.

Just bought my first macbook pro os sierra 10.12 and got the cdlc to work but i just cant get that rstoolkit to open so that i could convert songs for mac, nothing happens on the old toolkit and the new one says that  mono needs to be higher than 2.8.

i have installed new mono. 

@@Knubble79, did you follow all of the instructions for opening the Toolkit?  I can confirm the edited version in the dropbox link that I posted works on MacOS Sierra, as well as the latest version of the Toolkit when opened using the steps listed in the instructions.

i just downloaded and installed this mono again

The latest Mono release is: 4.6 Service Release 0.1 (4.6.1.5)

and then i downloaded  again the older one toolkit, nothing happens :

Last login: Mon Nov  7 17:49:18 on ttys000
Mikko-MacBook-Pro:~ mikko$ /Users/mikko/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit ; exit;
ln: ./RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: File exists
/Users/mikko/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: line 35: ./bin/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Prosessi valmis]

and the new one :

Latest release build - 2.7.0.0 (rev 6d0cdeda)

Last login: Mon Nov  7 17:53:39 on ttys001
Mikko-MacBook-Pro:~ mikko$ /Users/mikko/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit\ 2.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit ; exit;
/Users/mikko/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit 2.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: line 38: mono: command not found

same result nothing starts..

sorry im a mac noob

i just downloaded and installed this mono again The latest Mono release is: 4.6 Service Release 0.1 (4.6.1.5)

and then i downloaded again the older one toolkit, nothing happens :

Last login: Mon Nov 7 17:49:18 on ttys000

Mikko-MacBook-Pro:~ mikko$ /Users/mikko/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit ; exit;

ln: ./RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: File exists

/Users/mikko/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: line 35: ./bin/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Prosessi valmis]

and the new one :

Latest release build - 2.7.0.0 (rev 6d0cdeda)

Last login: Mon Nov 7 17:53:39 on ttys001

Mikko-MacBook-Pro:~ mikko$ /Users/mikko/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit\ 2.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit ; exit;

/Users/mikko/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit 2.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: line 38: mono: command not found

same result nothing starts..

sorry im a mac noob

• Like 1