Chordify Testing

Chlipouni

Partially true. Need <chord time linkNext=0> &  <chordNote linkNext =1) for Cases 3 and 4 from Post #9 of this thread. Your above post is only considering Case 4.

Case 3 --> Low Dens Chordified Chord with Note-head-symbol-changing technique - NO open strings 

(there are not chordNote tags here since no open strings, but the <chordtime> tag needs LinkNext=0 to display the technique symbol)

Case 4 --> Low Dens Chordified Chord with Note-head-symbol-changing technique - WITH open strings

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

OK, so short answer:

Apply same logic as Palm Mute (, ) to the following:
HO,PO, String (fret hand) Mute, Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic, Tap, Slap, pluck(aka pop), Accent(!)

Maintain current Hotfix 06-20-2016 BETA logic to the following:
vibrato,  bends, pitched slides and unpitched slides, (assumed tremolo, arpeggio)

This is getting more and more complicated.  Is it seeming like techniques that require sustain to be present are what need to have the current logic (chord tag has linknext status), while techniques that don't need the adjusted logic (chord tag has no linknext status but chordnote tags do)?

Also regarding pre-bends, with the exception of a pre-bend on an open note (which is moot), EoF won't let me apply a pre-bend tech note to just one or a subset of strings of a chord.

Pre-bends seem to work.  Do you mean that pre-bends on non open notes for specifically chords that have chordify status aren't working?  That would be expected at this time because only open note chordnote tags are being written for such chords.  I'm finding an issue where EOF is forcing the creation of a tech note chord if a tech note is placed at the beginning of an arpeggio/handshape phrase, but I don't know if this is the issue you're referring to.

I responded but it won't post, so I PM'd you both and I will post back in this thread once it works? Have we reached a quota for amount of Megabytes for a thread?

Edit: OK, I managed to break my post in two below and it worked. I guess CF didn't like me inserting an image from Google Photo while Photobucket was glitching on me. Rebooting helped.... Grr

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

OK, so short answer:

Apply same logic as Palm Mute (<chordtime linkNext = 0>, <chordnote linkNext = 1> ) to the following:

HO,PO, String (fret hand) Mute, Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic, Tap, Slap, pluck(aka pop), Accent(!)

Maintain current Hotfix 06-20-2016 BETA logic to the following:

vibrato,  bends, pitched slides and unpitched slides, (assumed tremolo, arpeggio)

This is getting more and more complicated.  Is it seeming like techniques that require sustain to be present are what need to have the current logic (chord tag has linknext status), while techniques that don't need the adjusted logic (chord tag has no linknext status but chordnote tags do)?

Hmm, interesting observation. Yes that seems to be the case. I guess the key word is "require" in your sentence above since the other techniques not normally 'requiring' sustain can be authored to add sustain as well. Example: Hammer-On can optionally have sustain but a slide or bend or vibrato, etc, REQUIRE sustain. It sounds more complicated to me, code-wise, to think of it in those terms of 'requiring' sustain. The way I had envisionned it coded, though I may be naive and unknowledgeable in Allegro  was as follows in simplified verbal form:

IF (Chordify AND (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap or slap OR pluck OR Accent))THEN

chordtime LinkNext = 0

chordnote LinkNext = 1

Elseif (Chordify AND (vibrato OR  bends OR pitched slides OR unpitched slides OR tremolo OR arpeggio)) THEN

chordtime LinkNext = 1

chordnote LinkNext = 1

Endif

But I guess you are saying there are coding complications I am not aware of ...

It seems there are a couple of options:

1. Revert back to the original chordify logic from before the current June 19 official Hotfix

--> Then have visual glitch with open notes, and rotating cross shaped notes, but which casue DDC problems and potentially accepting that DDC won't work reliably Chordify. But at least the EoF logic is simpler and well-tested already.

2. Use the Hotfix 06-20-2016Beta  logic but with an adjustment that ALL chordified chords with none or any technique(s) export <chord time linkNext = 0> & <chord note  linkNext = 1>

--> This would allow resolving the low density visual glitch with chords containing open strings, maintain the rotating cross shaped note issue, allow all tecnhques to work with Chordify. DDC potentially won't be compatible with Chordfiy.

3. Implementing the proposed revised logic to Hotfix 06-20-2016Beta --> No visual glitch , minimal rotating note heads, working DDC with Chordfiy, but heavy coding EoF side.

It seems obvious that you should decide the way forward since I don't know how to help you with coding in Allegro. I will work with whatever you decide.

Also regarding pre-bends, with the exception of a pre-bend on an open note (which is moot), EoF won't let me apply a pre-bend tech note to just one or a subset of strings of a chord.

Pre-bends seem to work.  Do you mean that pre-bends on non open notes for specifically chords that have chordify status aren't working?  That would be expected at this time because only open note chordnote tags are being written for such chords.  I'm finding an issue where EOF is forcing the creation of a tech note chord if a tech note is placed at the beginning of an arpeggio/handshape phrase, but I don't know if this is the issue you're referring to.

I believe we are talking about the same issue. I tried reproducing it below, though now the tech note appears on the low E instead of high e string....

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Pre-bends%20issue%20with%20chordify/Pre-Bend%20forced%20onto%20chord_zpsfher5nvh.png

<note time="74.501" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.499" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
<note time="75.501" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.499" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<chord time="72.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="35" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
      <chordNote time="72.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.500" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
            <bendValues count="1">
              <bendValue time="72.500" step="2.000"/>
            </bendValues>
      </chordNote>
      <chordNote time="72.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
</chord>
<chord time="73.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="36" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
      <chordNote time="73.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
      <chordNote time="73.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
</chord>
<chord time="74.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="35" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>
<chord time="75.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="36" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
      <chordNote time="75.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
      <chordNote time="75.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
</chord>

So I am thinking we won't get bends or pre-bends to work with chordify unless we manage the bends through single notes like other techniques.

Regarding the pre-bends issue, I guess we'll need to return the logic to pre-Hotfix-6-19-2016 for that particular case such that pre-bend single notes don't offset by 1ms relative to the chordified chord since the pre-bend must occur simultaneous with the chord. Open string visual glitch wouldn't be an issue in that case since you cannot bend an open string... :).

Let me know, @@raynebc,  if you want me to test that in more detail before you go ahead implementing changes.

By "require" I just meant if it is authored in a way where the chordnote would include sustain (either by the "sustain" status or some other technique).  Allegro isn't a programming language, just a game development library.  I don't expect making additional proposed changes would be difficult, I just wanted to simplify as much as I could.  Going by your suggested changes depending on techniques in use, if a note in the chord had harmonic technique AND sustain status, should it still export so that the relevant chord tag has no linknext status?  Is it that any note in the chordified chord having one of those techniques (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap or slap OR pluck OR Accent) causes the chord tag to export with no linknext status?

I've changed the export logic so that if any of the notes in a chordified chord are affected by a tech note placed at that chord's start position, that note in the chord is not offset by 1ms.  This should cover the requested change for pre-bend, as well as any other status the author happened to apply via tech note.  Otherwise the tech note won't end up affecting the note anymore because it will exist 1ms before the ignored single note tag (which was moved 1ms later than it originally would have been).

By "require" I just meant if it is authored in a way where the chordnote would include sustain (either by the "sustain" status or some other technique).  

OK, so then, I would say that your original statement:

Is it seeming like techniques that require sustain to be present are what need to have the current logic (chord tag has linknext status), while techniques that don't need the adjusted logic (chord tag has no linknext status but chordnote tags do)?

It is not the way I would classify things because the way you write it here it implies a different logic depending on whether there is sustain or no sustain on a given note in a chordified chord. The logic should remain the same regardless the sustain or lack of sustain and the logic should instead be technique-dependent as per the IF Statement simplified construct I wrote in Post 31 this morning and repeat below.

Now of course all my testing in recent days is based on the primary (and perhaps only) use of chordify which will be applied to chords where different strings sustain different amounts, and some but not all of which can have zero sustain or 11 ms (which is as close to a chordified chord as EoF allows to place a STOP note without applying the tech note on all chords of the string.

Aside: Hmm, come to think about it, maybe that's why the pre-bend behaves the way it does in the current Hotfix: it is closer than 11ms.... it is 0ms. For non chordified chords the stop tech note can be placed 1ms after the chord without issue. I don't think it is imperative to fix that unless you are aiming for consistency between chordified and non-chordified chords.

I believe that Chordify status, being an applyable status on fully unsustained chords, whereby there would be no superimposing single notes, just in-game display of unauthored chord notes by virtue of handshape and chord template, that the logic is the same as proposed with sustains, namely:

IF (chordify AND (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap OR slap or pluck OR accent))THEN

use chlipouni method  PLUS

chordtime LinkNext = 0

chordNote LinkNext = 1

ELSEIF (Chordify AND (no technique OR vibrato OR bends OR pitched slides OR unpitched slides OR tremolo OR arpgeggio))THEN

chordtime LinkNext = 1    ! Important because in April you coded EOF to export single notes for these techniques too.

chordNote LinkNext = 1

ENDIF

In short 1 logic, as quasi-coded immediately above, for both sustain and unsustained chordified chords, that logic being solely a function of technique applied. I added "no technique" in yellow to accentuate that I forgot to add that case to the logic this morning. Sorry.

Going by your suggested changes depending on techniques in use, if a note in the chord had harmonic technique AND sustain status, should it still export so that the relevant chord tag has no linknext status?  Is it that any note in the chordified chord having one of those techniques (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap or slap OR pluck OR Accent) causes the chord tag to export with no linknext status?

Same proposed logic as quasi-coded above if combining sustain status with a technique such as harmonic.

Yes any chordified chord having {ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic or tap OR slap or pluck OR accent} needs to export with:

chlipouni method  PLUS

chordtime LinkNext = 0

chordNote LinkNext = 1

I've changed the export logic so that if any of the notes in a chordified chord are affected by a tech note placed at that chord's start position, that note in the chord is not offset by 1ms.  This should cover the requested change for pre-bend, as well as any other status the author happened to apply via tech note.  Otherwise the tech note won't end up affecting the note anymore because it will exist 1ms before the ignored single note tag (which was moved 1ms later than it originally would have been).

Cool! I thought we might apply this revised logic to pre-bends only, but worst case if a user wishes to author a tech note other than pre-bend at the start of a chordified chord or if he/she applies multiple techniques in the pre-bend tech note (ex vibrato or accent) with pre-bend then worst case they lose the ability to eliminate rotating cross-shaped note heads due to no linking a subsequent single note 1ms later.

Though this is a deep dive type of consideration, one concern I have with this revised pre-bends-inspired logic is that since the construct of chordified chords is to have <chordnote> tags with linkNext =1  for open strings and <chord time> tags possibly needing linkNext=1 (depending on the technique), then, with a tech note at the start of the chord, will the next note, if identical, lose it's note head, possibly undesireably (since it might be later on and unrelated to the chordified sequence)? I'm wondering if perhaps when a tech note is simultaneous with a chordified chord, then maybe the chordify logic needs to set <chord time linkNext = 0> and <chordNote linkNext = 0> as it did pre-Hotfix 06-19-2016. What do you think? Shall I test this and let you know?

You think Bill Gates and company go to this depth to ensure a software is fully robust? ... LOL

Aside: Hmm, come to think about it, maybe that's why the pre-bend behaves the way it does in the current Hotfix: it is closer than 11ms.... it is 0ms. For non chordified chords the stop tech note can be placed 1ms after the chord without issue.

I'm not quite grasping what this issue is, or at least I couldn't reproduce it. Could you provide an example project file or in-editor screenshot?

Just to confirm before I write the program logic, the chordified chord tag's linknext status needs to be set to 0 if ANY of the notes within the chord uses any of the fore-mentioned statuses (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap OR slap or pluck OR accent)?

I'm not sure if we need to put too much worry yet on the possibility that a user places tech notes at the beginning of a chordified chord and inadvertently cause the single notes offsetting to be skipped. We could just require the author to beware of this effect of the technote placement, and we can mention it in EOF's manual and the tech notes tutorial as appropriate.

Sorry. Rushed.

Bug (?) applies to regular and chordified chords  WITH handshape markings. See screenshot. My last post statements hypothesized whether the  the pre-bend tech note becoming a pre-bend tech chord issues is due to the same issue.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/tech%20note%20to%20tech%20chord%20bug/Test%20how%20close%20tech%20note%20can%20get%20before%20becoming%20tech%20chord_zps6btxhobw.png

Just to confirm before I write the program logic, the chordified chord tag's linknext status needs to be set to 0 if ANY of the notes within the chord uses any of the fore-mentioned statuses (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap OR slap or pluck OR accent)?

You say "chord tags", just to be sure I consider this to mean <chord time> tags. I'd say yes with the following exceptioin: if open notes in the chordified chord are the ones with with the above-mentionned techniques, then the chord note tag takes care of displaying the technique, so I'd instead say "if ANY OF THE NON-OPEN NOTES within the chordified chord uses any of the fore-mentionned statuses..... then <chord time ....linkNext=0> .

I would add another branch to the quasi-code IF Statement  for pre-bends (or all tech notes simultaneous with the chord):

IF (chordify AND (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap OR slap or pluck OR accent))THEN

chordtime LinkNext = 0

chordNote LinkNext = 1

ELSEIF (Chordify AND (no technique OR vibrato OR bends that aren't pre-bends OR pitched slides OR unpitched slides OR tremolo OR arpgeggio))THEN

chordtime LinkNext = 1    ! Important because in April you coded EOF to export single notes for these techniques too.

chordNote LinkNext = 1

ELSEIF (Chordify AND (pre-bends)THEN

pre-Hotfix 06-19-2016 logic (no single note offsets) with

chordtime LinkNext = 0   

chordNote LinkNext = 0

ENDIF

I'm not sure if we need to put too much worry yet on the possibility that a user places tech notes at the beginning of a chordified chord and inadvertently cause the single notes offsetting to be skipped. We could just require the author to beware of this effect of the technote placement, and we can mention it in EOF's manual and the tech notes tutorial as appropriate.

OK. I guess I'll test if there is a problem nonetheless and we could get a visual and see if we should revisit or not this position. I totally respect your preference, but it's just that I'm a visual learner and I'll see if my concern expressed yesterday is of any importance.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

I still couldn't reproduce that issue with dragging a tech note closer than 11ms to the beginning of a chord at which a handshape phrase starts.  Maybe I already fixed it since the last hotfix.  If it happens after the next hotfix release, would you be able to provide a simplified example project?

I wrote logic to force the chordified chord tag's linknext status to 0 if any of the notes in the chord have any of the techniques from your first IF condition, or if any have a pre-bend tech note (specifically a tech note at the beginning of the chord that has bend status, regardless of what bend strength is defined).  For forcing the chordnote tags' linknext to be 0, is that a per-chordnote thing or if any of the notes in a chord have a pre-bend, do all those chord's chordnotes need to have linknext disabled?

I still couldn't reproduce that issue with dragging a tech note closer than 11ms to the beginning of a chord at which a handshape phrase starts.  Maybe I already fixed it since the last hotfix.  If it happens after the next hotfix release, would you be able to provide a simplified example project?

OK. If you send me another beta I could test it when you are done, before you send an official release.

I wrote logic to force the chordified chord tag's linknext status to 0 if any of the notes in the chord have any of the techniques from your first IF condition, or if any have a pre-bend tech note (specifically a tech note at the beginning of the chord that has bend status, regardless of what bend strength is defined). 

'any of the notes in the chord' or 'any NON-OPEN notes in the (chordified) chord' have any of the techniques from the 1st IF statement?

Since an open note in a chordified chord has a <chord note> tag with linkNext = 1, always, I think this logic you are now adjusting with  linkNext =0  in the <chord time> tag for the 1st IF statement techniques, need only be applied if ANY of the NON-OPEN notes of the chordified chord contain the said techniques. I could test it later to validate this hypothesis 100%.

OK, so if I understand,  you decided to apply the "No-offset-single-notes PLUS chordtime_linkNext=0" logic to pre-bends only instead of any tech notes that are simultaneous with the chordified chord (as you had it coded yesterday). Sounds fine to me.

For forcing the chordnote tags' linknext to be 0, is that a per-chordnote thing or if any of the notes in a chord have a pre-bend, do all those chord's chordnotes need to have linknext disabled?

Not sure I understand. Pre-bend in a chordified chord will have no <chord note> tags since one cannot bend an open string. So I could only assume you are referring here to ANY technique on an open string. In that case the <chord note> tags always have linkNext =1 (not 0) since the chlipouni method exports offset ignored single notes for all the notes of the chord, be they open or not open note, and therefore for the open notes specifically, requiring <chord note> tags, they need to link with the offset ignored single notes regardless the technique.

Short on time right now (about to receive guests today) but I wanted to fire off some quick observations I made last night. After testing all the assertions I've made to you in the past 2 days there are two things that were a bit unexpected and which I'll display in screenshots later.

1) pre-bends: unless I can figure out how to do it differently but which I spent hours last night and couldn't, need high density or else the bent note gets bent but an unbent note on the same string  of the chordified chord stays unbent, yielding two simultaneous notes on the same string, one raised, one unraised. High density gets rid of the unauthored chordnote. This applies only to PRE-Bend.

2) Accent is an exception to my statement..."if ANY OF THE NON-OPEN NOTES within the chordified chord uses any of the 1st IF Statement statuses (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap OR slap or pluck OR accent) then <chord time ....linkNext=0>." I cannot seem to get an accent on an open string only, to display as accented, so I replaced this with a pinch harmonic in the latest XML's linked below and shown in the GIF and it works fine. I'm thinking there is no way around this and we'll probably have to accept that accented open notes in a chordified chord will not accent. SO Ipropose to keep the proposed logic for implementation.

The rest of the assertions I've made to you in the past couple of days are all verified.

I'll provide screenshots later.

Preliminary Stuff here. Contains notes.eof with descriptive phrases of what I am testing.  Original EoFHotfix 6-20-2016Beta XML, modded XML to reflect all the proposed changes to the chlipouni method. The psarc of the modded XML and an animated GIF showing the results in-game. Note, I mis-modded the arpgeggio by forgetting the -arp chord template so ignore that test one. Seems like my concern of disappearing note heads in my "deep dive" comment is unwaraanted since I see no missing note heads in the G-chord example, as seen in the GIF.

OK, escaping from my guests in 5 minute spurts.... here goes... :)

Question 1: raynebc asked if, for example, harmonic and sustain" tech notes acting upon the same note in a chordified chord should author with <chordtime .... linkNext=0> per the 1st IF statement logic currently being implementing.

Answer 1: Yes, confirmed below:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Pre-testing%20of%20all%20June%2023-24%20I%20made/Question%201%20-%20Harmonic%20plus%20sustain%20raynebc%20question_zps3ynoqecx.png

Hotfix 6-20-2016Beta XML:

<chord time="2.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="2.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>

Modded XML:

<chord time="2.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="2.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>

Remarks:

• None

Question 2: Test chordifiy with a tech note simultaneous with the chord, and whose ignored single note is not offset by 1ms is ok for other than pre-bend (or other technique plus pre-bend)

Answer 2: Other tech notes seem to work fine with the 3rd IF Statement logic

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Pre-testing%20of%20all%20June%2023-24%20I%20made/Question%202%20-%20Pre-bend%20and%20other%20technique%20at%20start%20of%20chordified%20chord_zpsvifyqy96.png

Hotfix 6-20-2016Beta XML:

<note time="5.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.499" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="5.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="9.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.499" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="9.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <chord time="5.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>
        <chord time="9.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>

Modded XML:

<chordTemplate chordName="" displayName="" finger0="-1" finger1="-1" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="1" finger5="2" fret0="-1" fret1="-1" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="12" fret5="10"/>
        <note time="5.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.499" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="5.000" step="2.000"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>		  
        <note time="5.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="9.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.499" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="9.000" step="2.000"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>		  
        <note time="9.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <chord time="5.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="5" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>
        <chord time="9.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="5" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>

Remarks:

• Note that there seems to be no way to have a low density chordified chord with a (or some) pre-bend(s) since the chord template displays the typical chordify unauthored chord note and the single note with the technique authors the raised pre-bend. Unfortunately, I believe we'll have to export chordified chord with pre-bends as high-density in order to eliminate the undesired unauthored (and unraised) chord note.
  • The only difference with the above modded code in the following screenshot is to set high density = 1 as follows:
    •         <chord time="5.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="5" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>
              <chord time="9.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="5" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Pre-testing%20of%20all%20June%2023-24%20I%20made/Question%202%20-%20Pre-bend%20and%20other%20technique%20at%20start%20of%20chordified%20chord%20hi%20density_zpsum3mzfvb.png

Other checks To be continued later.

Here's a new beta hotfix combining fixes/changes:

*Fixed a bug during RS exports where the "At least one note crosses an RS phrase or section boundary" warning could be given when it shouldn't be.

*Fixed a bug where applying tech notes within the scope of an arpeggio/handshape phrase could cause a chord of technotes to be improperly created at the start position of the phrase.

*Made proposed changes to the chordify mechanism. If a non-open string in an affected chord has a tech note at its start position (ie. pre-bend), the single note tag written for it is not offset by 1ms, in order to ensure the technote still properly applies to it. If any non-open notes in an affected chord have ho, po, string mute, harmonic, pinch harmonic, tap, slap, pop, accent or pre-bend statuses, the chord tag for that chord will export with linknext disabled, otherwise it will export with linknext enabled. If any non-open notes in an affected chord have pre-bend status, the chordnote tags that are written for the chord (which consist of only the chord's open notes) export with linknext disabled and the chord tag will export with high density.

http://ignition.customsforge.com/eof/download/123

I'm sure it's likely these changes don't cover all the requested changes yet, it's tricky to keep up. Please let me know what I've missed and what changes are still needed based on your previous/future testing.

Hi raynebc,

It's gotten late enough when my guests left that I only have a chance to give a cursory view tonight of how the new Beta Hotfix reacts to my recent notes.eof files which I'v shared in the above posts.

There are some differences, with my modded XML which I'll have to look more closely tomorrow.

I'll finish my previous post ASAP probably tomorrow, but instead of ammending my previous post with the June 20 Beta I'll repeat with June 25 Beta in my next post.

The tech note becoming a tech chord when closer than 11ms to the chord at the beginning of the handshape has been resolved on my end too and I could now author a single tech note within 1ms of the chord in a handshape marking.

Resuming those unfinished tests from yesterday but now with the Hotfix 06-25-2016 Beta....

Fear not, the long post is mostly substantiation and proof of assertions made in the last few days in response to your questions,  and only little needs to change relative to your Hotfix 06-25-2016 Beta.

Question 2 Revisited (previously incomplete test since no example with only non-bend pre-tech note)

Do other pre-bend tech notes other than pre-bend work well with the newest chordifiy logic (chlipouni method + 3 IF Statements logic)?

Answer 2: Yes.

With EoF authored as follows....

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Pre-testing%20of%20all%20June%2023-24%20I%20made/Question%202a%20-%20Pre-bend%20and%20other%20technique%20at%20start%20of%20chordified%20chord%20hi%20density_zpssmggff9u.png

Hotfix 6-25-2016Beta XML displays the following:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Pre-testing%20of%20all%20June%2023-24%20I%20made/Question%202%20-%20Hoitfix%2006-25-2016%20Beta_zpsvwtwnf6t.png

<note time="5.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.500" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="5.000" step="2.000"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <note time="5.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="7.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.500" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="7.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="9.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.500" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="9.000" step="2.000"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <note time="9.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <chord time="5.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>
        <chord time="7.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>
        <chord time="9.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>

Remarks:

1. Since the linkNext of the <chordtime> tag is 0, it is completely fine to have 1ms offset on single notes on strings of the chordified chord that do not have pre-bend (or pre-bend plus another technique), and no 1ms offset on the other string(s) that don't have a pre-bend tech note. Current logic works Hotfix 06-25-2016 Beta.
  2. The 2nd sequence at 7.000s shows that Vibrato pre-tech note will also force  <chordtime linkNext=0> and no 1ms offset. If it is simply to treat pre-tech notes the same way, code-wise then the price is rotating cross-shaped note heads. If instead it was chosen to treat only pre-tech notes containing a bend inside, to export <chordtime linkNext=0> and no 1ms single note offset, then the vibrato pre-tech note example in sequence two, or any other pre-tech note would cleanly eliminate the rotating cross shaped note-heads.
  3. High density with pre-bend and low density with vibrato pre-tech note. Good.

Question 3: If ALL pre-tech notes on a chordified chord are made to not offset by 1ms, will the chordify logic, which sets <chord Note linkNext =1>  and potentially chord time linkNext=1 for 2nd IF statement techniques, then will authoring two consecutive chords remove the note head on the 2nd chord?

Answer 3: Interestingly, no note heads disappear!

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Pre-testing%20of%20all%20June%2023-24%20I%20made/Question%203%20-%20Will%20chordify%20chordtime%20linknext%20erase%20subsequent%20note%20head%20on%20identical%20chord_zpskl3cxbm2.png

Hotfix 6-25-2016Beta XML:

<note time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="1.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="1.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <chord time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>

Modded XML:

<note time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="1.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="1.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="1.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="1.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="2.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="1.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="15.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="1.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <chord time="12.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="12.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="12.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="12.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="15.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="15.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="15.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="15.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
		</chord>

Remarks:

1. Good no disappearing note heads. But why is linkNext, luckily for us, not doing it's job? I could think of 2 possible reasons I didn't quite have time to verify: 1) Is the fact there is a silence between the chords enough for Rocksmith 2014 to know not to remove the note heads on any of the 2nd chord's notes? 2) Since bends and stop tech notes are the only ones  (if memory serves) whose location on a note tail are important, maybe pre-tech note vibrato reacts the same way as if the vibrato tech note appeared later in the tail..... setting vibrato at 80. Aside, I'm curious what other vibrato values are allowed and what display effect they have, I guess that's a test for another day. For now no action required.
  2. the chlipouni method requires all strings of a chordified chord, be they open or fretted notes, to export single notes, but as you can see in the hotfix 6-25-2016 Beta export for this example, only the fretted notes have exported single notes. This means the open strings, which export as zero sustain chord notes presumably due to the vibrato pre-tech note, displays no sustain in game on the B,G,D chord. which is undesired in this example and generally speaking. Exporting the single notes for the open strings will provide the proper sustain duration for the open strings. This will need fixing.

Question 3

Though the main (and possibly only) thrust of Chordify is to create chords whose strings sustain differing amounts, a user may inadvertently (or with the advent of new innovations, intentionally) apply Chordify to an unsustaining chord. Since chordify logic was created for unsustaining chords in April, does the new logic break things?

Answer 3:

No, all is fine.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Pre-testing%20of%20all%20June%2023-24%20I%20made/Question%204%20-%20Unsustained%20chordified%20%20chords_zpscwsszuhq.png

EoF 06-25-2016 Beta exported XML:

<note time="18.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="1" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="19.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="1" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="19.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="1" harmonic="0" hopo="1" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="20.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="1" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="1" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="20.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="1" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="21.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="21.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="1" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="22.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="22.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="23.000" linkNext="0" accent="1" bend="0" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="23.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="12" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="23.500" step="2.000"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <chord time="18.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="18.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="18.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="18.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="19.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="19.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="19.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="19.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="20.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="20.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="20.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="20.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="21.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="21.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="21.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="21.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="22.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="22.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="22.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="22.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="23.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="23.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="23.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>

Remark:

1. This logic displays fine. Once you add the logic to export single notes corresponding to open string <chord notes>, I assume, it'll be easiest and consistent to export the open string single notes even for unsustaining notes.

Question 4:  I made a statement that should best be confirmed:

: Berneer:

"if ANY OF THE NON-OPEN NOTES within the chordified chord uses any of the 1st IF Statement statuses (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap OR slap or pluck OR accent) then <chord time ....linkNext=0>."

Answer 4: I'm getting an unexpected result here and need to look more closely to make proper conclusion.

EoF Hotfix 06-25-2016 Beta XML:

Modded Hotfix:

Remarks:

The next step of checking your latest Beta, if you are patient enough to wait another day or so to release the Hotfix officially would be for me to take that closer look at those "ALL Techniques GIF's" extensive examples from Post 21 of this thread and see why I spotted differences between my modded XML's that generate the GIF's and the XML exported by Hotfix 06-25-2016 Beta. Here are the 06-25Beta XML's and and here are the 06-20Beta XML's. I just need to take that closer look so you don't have to. My cursory look last night caught some cases, I think, where the wrong value of linkNext was being exported, so I think it's important enough an observation that would merit great scrutiny. If you're wanting to release the Hotfix now before I finish testing then that's fine too we'd just  adjust later.

The 2nd sequence at 7.000s shows that Vibrato pre-tech note will also force and no 1ms offset. If it is simply to treat pre-tech notes the same way, code-wise then the price is rotating cross-shaped note heads. If instead it was chosen to treat only pre-tech notes containing a bend inside, to export and no 1ms single note offset, then the vibrato pre-tech note example in sequence two, or any other pre-tech note would cleanly eliminate the rotating cross shaped note-heads.

The reason I had decided to make any tech note at the start position of the chordified chord disable the offsetting was because otherwise the single note that was exported for it would begin after the tech note's position and no longer be properly affected by it. I hadn't spent much time considering if there was a better way to do it, such as transferring the tech note's statuses to the single note, which could likely be done without any negative effects. The placement of tech notes doesn't matter except for bend tech notes and stop tech notes, and the only reason to place a stop tech note at the start position of a chord is to force that string to have no sustain when the entire chord itself has sustain status. It seems the easy workaround is to apply sustain status to the other strings with tech notes instead. Let me know if I should make this change so that only a pre-bend tech note would prevent one of the single notes in a chordified chord from being offset by 1ms, and that any other tech note at the start position of a note in a chord would just have its statuses transfer to the single note and that single note is allowed to be offset by 1ms.

the chlipouni method requires all strings of a chordified chord, be they open or fretted notes, to export single notes

This should be an easy change to make.

Edit: From what I'm seeing, EOF already exports the single notes for a chordified chord this way. Could you clarify what conditions cause otherwise?

I don't mind waiting a little longer to post another hotfix, getting the chordify improvements implemented represents most of the changes since the previous hotfix.

The 2nd sequence at 7.000s shows that Vibrato pre-tech note will also force <chordtime linkNext=0> and no 1ms offset. If it is simply to treat pre-tech notes the same way, code-wise then the price is rotating cross-shaped note heads. If instead it was chosen to treat only pre-tech notes containing a bend inside, to export <chordtime linkNext=0> and no 1ms single note offset, then the vibrato pre-tech note example in sequence two, or any other pre-tech note would cleanly eliminate the rotating cross shaped note-heads.

The reason I had decided to make any tech note at the start position of the chordified chord disable the offsetting was because otherwise the single note that was exported for it would begin after the tech note's position and no longer be properly affected by it. I hadn't spent much time considering if there was a better way to do it, such as transferring the tech note's statuses to the single note, which could likely be done without any negative effects. The placement of tech notes doesn't matter except for bend tech notes and stop tech notes, and the only reason to place a stop tech note at the start position of a chord is to force that string to have no sustain when the entire chord itself has sustain status. It seems the easy workaround is to apply sustain status to the other strings with tech notes instead. Let me know if I should make this change so that only a pre-bend tech note would prevent one of the single notes in a chordified chord from being offset by 1ms, and that any other tech note at the start position of a note in a chord would just have its statuses transfer to the single note and that single note is allowed to be offset by 1ms.

Yeah, since we know how to make clean non-rotating-non-cross-shaped note heads for pre-tech notesd other than bend, why not just improve that logic.

Not sure I understand the idea of transferring a tech note status to the single notes. What if the tech note status is on an open string? I'm not sure I understand your following statement about sustain in particular:  "It seems the easy workaround is to apply sustain status to the other strings with tech notes instead."

All I was thinking was to get only pre-tech notes containing bend to export <chordtime linkNext=0> and no 1ms single note offset, then other tech notes applied by pre-tech note would remove the cross-shaped rotating noteheads. Maybe this is what you are saying but I don't just want to say "yes" without being sure I understand. :)

Question 4:  I made a statement that should best be confirmed:

: Berneer:

"if ANY OF THE NON-OPEN NOTES within the chordified chord uses any of the 1st IF Statement statuses (ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap OR slap or pluck OR accent) then <chord time ....linkNext=0>."

Answer 4: Statement Confirmed for all 1st IF Statement techniques [HO,PO, String (fret hand) Mute, Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic, Tap, Slap, pluck(aka pop)] except Accent. With accent this statement works fine when the accent is on the non-open note but when the accent is on the open note, this logic will fail to accent the open string. The accent is subtle and perhaps it is not imperative to adjust logic just for 1 subtly displaying technique. But I've found out how to mod the current Hotfix 06-25-2016 Beta logic to make the subtle accent on open string appear.

To confirm this statement for all 1st IF statement techniques, I've make 1 large dedicated test with the following structure:

Technique: Accent

Hotfix 06-25-2016 Beta ORIGINAL export -- Chordified chord with technique on the open string

Hotfix 06-25-2016 Beta ORIGINAL export -- Chordified chord with technique on the non-open string

Corresponding Modded export (proposed export) -- Chordified chord with technique on the open string

Corresponding Modded export (proposed export) -- Chordified chord with technique on the non-open string

Same for: Pull Off, Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic, Palm Mute, Fret Hand Mute, Tap, Slap, Pop,

See EOF Screenshot below to see exactly what was tested:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Test%20my%20statement%20ANY%20NON%20OPEN%20NOTES/All%20EoF%20Authorings%20for%20Test%20Statement%20ANY%20NON-OPEN%20NOTES_zpslx7z64vo.png

Have a look at the 4-sequence per technique animated GIF below:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Test%20my%20statement%20ANY%20NON%20OPEN%20NOTES/Test%20ANY%20NON-OPEN%20NOTE%20STATEMEMT_zpspqr5sa3z.gif

All the files are in this Google Drive link. It contains XML's, notes.eof, psarcs, images. Please compare the XML between

PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2_ORIGINAL11.12

&

PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2_MODDED11.12_TAKE4 (Make Open Accent work)

--> which mods sequences 3 and 4 of 4 per technique

You will notice the following changes that will need to be adjusted into the EoF logic:

1. <chord note> sustains need to be 0.001 (currently exporting 0.000 or 1.000 when tech is on open and fretted string, respectively)
  2. <chord note> linkNext = 1 always (currently always exporting 0)
  3. <chord time> linkNext = 1 when the technique is on the open note, otherwise if the technique is on a fretted note linkNext=0 (currently always exporting 0)
  4. The exception of accent on an open string as seen at the 6.000s timestamp will only display it's  accent if <chordtime> linkNext = 0, remembering that the <chordtime> linkNext is always = 1. (<chordtime> linkNext = 0 is currently how it exports)

Here is the accent portion of the above animated GIF with the 3rd sequence now corrected to have chordtime LinkNext=0, and of course chordNote linkNext =1

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Test%20my%20statement%20ANY%20NON%20OPEN%20NOTES/Making%20Accent%20Work_zpsmirhcqm2.gif

My cursory look at all the examples of Post 21 on Saturday pretty much showed the same issues as described here, that both <chord time> and <chord note> linkNext equals 0, somehow not enforcing the logic we had intended with the 3 IF statements. I believe once this adjustments of this post are made, that my modded Post 21 examples will be identical to the EoF export. I guess I'll await your next Beta Hotfix to test and confirm we are fully aligned.

Meanwhile, I'm finally receiving today a bit of an upgrade, a new Core i7-6700K - 4.2 GHz, 32GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, GTX960 Graphic card ....this compared to my old Core 2 Duo with 4GB and crappy integrated graphics, I can't wait to see the speed improvement and I hope my upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 will be painless. I wanted to buy an iMac 27" but it was just too expensive. I want that 5k screen!!! I wonder if I can buy a 4K screen of similar quality, separately for not too too much. More than I need but it feels nice to splurge.  Needless to say, I'll be spending the next couple of days setting that up. But with another Beta Hotfix with the above changes I can probably confirm quickly, in parallel to my setting my my new PC, that all is as expected.

Thanks!!

the chlipouni method requires all strings of a chordified chord, be they open or fretted notes, to export single notes

This should be an easy change to make.

Edit: From what I'm seeing, EOF already exports the single notes for a chordified chord this way. Could you clarify what conditions cause otherwise?

Just noticed the EDIT you made....

Hmm, well the post just above this, actually did work fine, authoring the single notes corresponding to open notes of the chordified chord. So I'll have to refer you to the original export of the previous post now linked here with the notes.eof and original export from Hotfix 06-25-2016Beta which I've just tried re-exporting again just now and which still exhibits the problem I report of missing single notes.

Yeah, since we know how to make clean non-rotating-non-cross-shaped note heads for pre-tech notesd other than bend, why not just improve that logic.

I'll work on it shortly.

Not sure I understand the idea of transferring a tech note status to the single notes. What if the tech note status is on an open string?

This was only something I was proposing as a workaround to notes in a chordified chord that have a tech note at the chord's start position.  When the ignored single note is created to be exported, it is moved ahead by 1ms and now starts after the tech note that is supposed to apply to it, causing it to not export with whatever statuses that tech note was supposed to add.  By copying those statuses to the single note, this problem should be avoided and there should be no problem exporting those single notes 1ms after the start position of the chord they pertain to.

I'm not sure I understand your following statement about sustain in particular:  "It seems the easy workaround is to apply sustain status to the other strings with tech notes instead."

This was just a comment about the specific example of using a stop tech note at the chord's start position to suppress the sustain on one note in a chord.  The only reason this would be needed is if the chord itself has the sustain status applied to it.  It would be easy to instead apply sustain status to individual strings using tech notes, making it unnecessary to use the stop tech note because that would add extra complication for the purpose of a chord that already has chordify status.

You will notice the following changes that will need to be adjusted into the EoF logic:

• sustains need to be 0.001 (currently exporting 0.000 or 1.000 when tech is on open and fretted string, respectively)

• linkNext = 1 always (currently always exporting 0)

• linkNext = 1 when the technique is on the open note, otherwise if the technique is on a fretted note linkNext=0 (currently always exporting 0)

• The exception of accent on an open string as seen at the 6.000s timestamp will only display it's  accent if linkNext = 0, remembering that the linkNext is always = 1. ( linkNext = 0 is currently how it exports)

Just to confirm, these logic changes are only needed for use of the accent technique on a chordified chord, or for ANY usage of a chordified chord?

Hmm, well the post just above this, actually did work fine, authoring the single notes corresponding to open notes of the chordified chord. So I'll have to refer you to the original export of the previous post now linked here with the notes.eof and original export from Hotfix 06-25-2016Beta which I've just tried re-exporting again just now and which still exhibits the problem I report of missing single notes.

I can reproduce the problem using your sample project.  I'll look into this.

Edit: It looks like it's because some of the notes in those chords didn't have any technique or forced sustain, so the old logic prevented the single notes from exporting. I'll have to remove that condition so that EVERY note in the chordified chord exports with a single note regardless of technique/sustain.

I've updated the chordify logic to force ALL notes in a chord to export with single notes regardless of sustain/technique and so that "pre" tech notes won't prevent the ignored single notes from being offset unless the tech notes are applying pre-bend or "pre-stop" techniques. So now this:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/th_New%20chordify%20logic_zpswm9hogux.jpg

Exports as follows:

<note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="1.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="1.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="1.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>
        <chord time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>

Not sure I understand the idea of transferring a tech note status to the single notes. What if the tech note status is on an open string?

This was only something I was proposing as a workaround to notes in a chordified chord that have a tech note at the chord's start position.  When the ignored single note is created to be exported, it is moved ahead by 1ms and now starts after the tech note that is supposed to apply to it, causing it to not export with whatever statuses that tech note was supposed to add.  By copying those statuses to the single note, this problem should be avoided and there should be no problem exporting those single notes 1ms after the start position of the chord they pertain to.

Ok. Thanks for elaborating. Sounds good.

I'm not sure I understand your following statement about sustain in particular:  "It seems the easy workaround is to apply sustain status to the other strings with tech notes instead."

This was just a comment about the specific example of using a stop tech note at the chord's start position to suppress the sustain on one note in a chord.  The only reason this would be needed is if the chord itself has the sustain status applied to it.  It would be easy to instead apply sustain status to individual strings using tech notes, making it unnecessary to use the stop tech note because that would add extra complication for the purpose of a chord that already has chordify status.

Oh, ok, specifically for stop tech notes at the beginning of the chordified chord. You just are pointing out a different way of authoring in EoF a chordified chord with one or some notes not sustaining: either global sustain status with stop tech note on unsustaining string(s) or sustain tech note on strings requiring sustain and the remainder of the strings not sustaining.

For stop tech notes not at the beginning of the chordified chord it still makes sense to use stop tech notes because a sustaining chordified chord may have various strings stop at various time.

I sort of see it as an either/or authoring where both will work but you seem to say the stop tech note at the beginning of a chordified chord creates certain complications. Are we talking problematic complications or just needlessly more complicated but doable?

• <chord note> sustains need to be 0.001 (currently exporting 0.000 or 1.000 when tech is on open and fretted string, respectively)

• <chord note> linkNext = 1 always (currently always exporting 0)

• <chord time> linkNext = 1 when the technique is on the open note, otherwise if the technique is on a fretted note linkNext=0 (currently always exporting 0)

• The exception of accent on an open string as seen at the 6.000s timestamp will only display it's  accent if <chordtime> linkNext = 0, remembering that the <chordtime> linkNext is always = 1. (<chordtime> linkNext = 0 is currently how it exports)

Just to confirm, these logic changes are only needed for use of the accent technique on a chordified chord, or for ANY usage of a chordified chord?

ANY usage of a chordified chord.

I can reproduce the problem using your sample project.  I'll look into this.

Edit: It looks like it's because some of the notes in those chords didn't have any technique or forced sustain, so the old logic prevented the single notes from exporting. I'll have to remove that condition so that EVERY note in the chordified chord exports with a single note regardless of technique/sustain.

OK. Sounds good.

In this example, I didn't think I needed global sustain status on the chordified chord because of the vibrato "pre" tech note. 

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Chordify%20Testing/Test%20my%20statement%20ANY%20NON%20OPEN%20NOTES/Sample%20image%20for%20post%20no%20sustain%20needed%20since%20Vibrato_zpsueuspqbv.png

But in chlipouni's example in Post 1, he needed sustain status since no techniques.

I've updated the chordify logic to force ALL notes in a chord to export with single notes regardless of sustain/technique and so that "pre" tech notes won't prevent the ignored single notes from being offset unless the tech notes are applying pre-bend or "pre-stop" techniques. So now this:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/th_New%20chordify%20logic_zpswm9hogux.jpg

Exports as follows:

<note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="1.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>

<note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="2" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="1.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>

<note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="1.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="3" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

<note time="12.001" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="3" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.999" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="80"/>

<chord time="12.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">

</chord>

Sounds good. The only comment is that in your XML code the chordNote tags shoudl have sustain=0.001 not 0.000.