You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Nich

Question

Most days when I have time, I'll flick through the search to see what's new, and grab some new CDLC to play around with.

Partly as a way for me to track what I've already downloaded, but mostly to thank the CDLC authors - I think a bunch of simple 'Thanks!' look tacky and cluttered - I hit the 'like' button.

The problem is, I can only do around 10 per day, which means I have more and more tabs open

Is there a way to increase this for users?

Is anyone else using the 'like' button in this way?

7 answers to this question

I noted that if you click "thanks" it is showed on the left near avatar of the person who got "thanks"

If you click "Like This" the points are added in green box in the profile of the user who got the "Like This" points

and if you got "Like This" you will get a message that someone like your post too

:)

I think a bunch of simple 'Thanks!' look tacky and cluttered

I do disagree with this commit somewhat. Even though I have yet to post a cdlc, one of my other hobbies is collecting bootlegged non copyrighted concerts on another site.

Whenever I upload a concert it is always good to even get just a simple thanks, even though only 5%-10% of leechers do that. 

• Like 2

On, say, http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/blue-suede-shoes-r1125 for example, I don't see a thanks button, just a like button.Also, while a thanks is a like is a sign of acknowledgement and gratitude, I meant moreso from a tidiness perspective: scrolling through comments on a song to read what problems/suggestions/changes have been made (not everyone updates the version number or changes the field showing changes made), and my eyes kind of glaze over when it comes to a bunch of 'Thanks!' posts.

It's a small thing, but shrug.

• Like 1

You're right. You have to make a search in the submitted forum to find the auto generated post for the song to make a "Like" or a "Thanks". It would be great, if this would be possible on the download side which is shown if a song was chosen from the search.

Thanks for upping the number of likes-per-day allowed, but is there any chance it can be pushed further north?

I had a really busy month and didn't have a chance to check for any new CDLC for around 3 weeks.  Procrastinating today I tried to do a catchup (and also test a 64bit version of Firefox with so many tabs open).  I think I got through maybe 130 downloads - so maybe somewhere between 50 and 100 hits on respective 'likes'? - before I got the 'you're not Pharrell Williams, stop being so  happy with the like button' popup.

For reference, I got from about page 12 or 13, up to page 8, as far as catching up.  At this rate, it'll take me logging in every day for the next week to be caught up, give or take.