Need Help - Using Tones and Adding Lyrics

xxKryptonite

Question

I am working on my CDLC and could use some help.

First, I am trying to use custom tones on my track.  

• When Naming tones in EoF, what do I name them?
  • When saving, I am told I need two tones to be on the track, could someone explain this?
  • What tone do I set as default?
  • The way I have it set up now, it seems to be breaking the tones for the rest of the song in the game after playing it, I am sure it has something to do with the way I have it set up

For Lyrics, is there a tutorial for it somewhere?  I thought I passed by one somewhere but I can not seem to locate it now.  If not, could someone give me a quick explanation on how to do so.  The sticky about lyrics is informative but does not seem to have what I am looking for.

Another thing, when saving, I get the following:

There is no COUNT phrase, but the first beat beat marker already has as phrase.  You should move that phrase because only one phrase per beat is exported.

And:

There is no Intro RS section, but the beat marker before the first note already has a section.  

You should move that section because only one section per beat is exported.

Could someone explain these messages?

Here is a link to the psarc:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tvni30pz0qfpcq8/A_Day_To_Remember_Plot_To_Bomb_The_Panhandle_v1_DD_p.psarc

If someone could look at it, that would be great.

I think I had more questions but I will add them when I remember them.

Edit 1:  First thing I remembered, What are "Rocksmith Events" and how are they used?

5 answers to this question

You can name tones pretty much anything you want, provided you only use regular ASCII characters (ie. avoid accented or Unicode characters). You need to author tone changes referring to at least two different tone names, otherwise the arrangement only uses one tone and no tone changes are really needed, the one tone would just need to be defined in the toolkit. If your arrangement does use multiple tones, one has to be specified as the default, which means it will be in effect automatically when the song begins. The issue where tones stop working is usually involved with one or more tones not being correctly defined in the toolkit.

For lyrics, EOF has a vocal tutorial in the help menu. You can also import various lyric formats in the File menu. For Rocksmith, most people seem to prefer a lyric editor called "Ultrastar Creator". You don't need to worry about setting vocal pitches for the lyrics, this information isn't used in a meaningful way in Rocksmith 2014. Just the timing of each lyric is important, as well as defining the "lyric lines" (the start and end position of each line of lyrics) since Rocksmith 2014 displays lyrics one line at a time compared to just scrolling them from start to finish like in the first Rocksmith game.

The warning messages mean exactly what they say. Typically, there is a sort of default phrase and section that are usually in official charts. EOF will try to place these where they would normally go, but if you have defined other phrases or lyrics on those beats, EOF warns they won't export properly because only one phrase and one section can be in effect on a beat. You can ignore the warnings if they don't cause problems in-game, maybe Rocksmith 2014 has less need for them than Rocksmith 1, but I haven't had any requests to change the behavior so I'm just assuming they should still be included with every chart.

Rocksmith events were used in Rocksmith 1, but I don't know if they are well supported in Rocksmith 2014.

Awesome, thanks for your help!  I am going to try and use what you have said and see what I can do.  I'll report back on my findings.

Edit 1:  I got it to work correctly after tinkering with guitar pro for a little.  For this song, I only had one tone. When there is multiple tones, how does it work?  Is the "Base Tone" the first tone, and "Tone B" the second one and so forth?

Edit 2: I just viewed raynebc's post on another topic:

... To place a tone change in EOF, seek to where you want the tone to change, use "Track>Rocksmith>Tone change>Add" (or just press CTRL+SHIFT+T) and type a name. Do this at each point the tone should switch. If you refer to a tone more than once, make sure you type the name exactly the same. When you're done, you can review the tone changes with "Track>Rocksmith>Tone change list". If those all look correct, go to "Track>Rocksmith>Tone change>Names" and this will help you make sure you didn't make a typo on any of the tones (ie. if you called one "Distortion" and the other "distortion", they will show up as two separate entries and you could rename one of them here to make it the exact same name as the other). When that looks good, you can select one of the tones in the list and make it the default tone (the one in effect at the beginning of the song). This should be all you need to do in EOF for the tones, the rest of it is in the toolkit.

This clarified the EoF portion, but could someone (or raynebc) clarify what to do in the toolkit when there are multiple tones?  For example, Tone A --> Tone B --> Tone A --Tone B

The toolkit will see where the tone changes are placed in the XML file, you should just have to define the tones themselves (ie. what cabinet, what frequency levels, what effects, etc). Or there is some sort of ability to import tones from another song package if you prefer.

I find adding lyrics in EOF very simple. I don't see the need for an extra program.1. Choose Song -> Part Vocal2. Move the cursor to where you want to add the lyric. Right click near in the piano roll area near the lyric line. This opens a dialogue.3. Type in the line of the lyric. Close it and the lyric appears in the lyric line.4. You'll see a gray bar at the bottom for the length -- you can stretch that to fit the song.That's it! Just do the same for each line.If you want, you can go further and sync the syllables to the music too -- insert spaces for that -- but since Rocksmith will display the entire line anyway, it's not really necessary.

• Like 1