Game not working properly anymore

cacahuate51

Question

I havent really had any issues with rocksmith for a long time untill now. I thoght maybe it was due to rocksmith cdlc so i deleted all of it but it still doesnt work properly ive also tried updating my graphics card but that doesnt help the problem either. The issue is that the game goes reaaaallly slow even though the only thing that is running is rocksmith. whats weird is that games that require higher graphics work just fine and no lag like mmos such as swor. so im not quite sure what the problem is..but at the moment since its going super slow i cant play a song without lossing because of the lag

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

7 answers to this question

The first thought that comes to mind is "try to reinstall the directx that came with the game"

and where do i find that? i checked in the rocksmith folder and i didnt find any directx related files

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre

I had this issue as well, I tracked it to Windows 10 pushing updates randomly, and doing behind the scenes scanning.

i have windows 8 though and i have the automatic updates turned off :l i reinstalled rocksmith and im still having the same problem

I take it, that it's reproducible at any time and there are no scans happening on the computer?

Use the last known good run of Rocksmith as a starting point, check in your Control Panel under Programs look for anything installed around the time it began to lag, possibly a Windows update package. If this produces nothing, do a file search for files modified around the time Rocksmith began running slow, make sure nothing slipped in.

Following thread for resolution.

I take it, that it's reproducible at any time and there are no scans happening on the computer?

Use the last known good run of Rocksmith as a starting point, check in your Control Panel under Programs look for anything installed around the time it began to lag, possibly a Windows update package. If this produces nothing, do a file search for files modified around the time Rocksmith began running slow, make sure nothing slipped in.

Following thread for resolution.

I have 2 graphic cards installed on my computer so your comment made me think and wonder that maybe as i upgraded the graphic card it erased my preferences and it did. so all i had to do was make it so it used the good graphic card installed instead of the other one. It works fine now.

However, i installed the game for my bro and now hes having issues with it aswell xD but his is only when playing the actual song he can go through the menu just fine its just that the notes come a little bit too late or too early on official an unofficial songs. ideas? he said it was working fine before i added the exe. for the cdlc . i know theres an option when you press space bar and then i think it was visual_> lag and its a test where you move the bar until the moving ball isnt syncronized with the beat but isnt there a way to do it automaticly? because we dragged the bar all the way to the right and all the way to the left and we saw no difference.

Anyways thanks for helping me solve my computer problem.

You could try to recalibrate his guitar.

Also I'd go into the RS options and set video options to very low, as well as disable dynamic venue. This will reduce video lag assuming it's what he's experiencing.

You could also try running RS in windowed mode and see if that reduces his lag, or a lower resolution.

Specs for his computer would help.

Glad you got your issue resolved.