Renamer dont rename

tecebe

Since I uppgraded/re-installed to 1.0.0 the Renamer dosen't rename my files. It creates empty folders for every file, I get a error message in the log that translated from swedish says: "ERROR: Can't create file that already exist". Doesn't matter if I change "Renaming temlate". I Use "Delete empty directories after renaming" but it dont delete anything. So now I have alot of empty folders and files that dont get renamed.

On the bright side is that Renamer now remembers what I wrote so I don't need to re-write it every time :-)

Thanks and keep up the good work \m/

• Like 1

Thanks. I'll take a look at it today.

Do you have any duplicates? If so, try getting rid of them first and then re-run the Renamer.

Also could you give me the exact error quote in Swedish? (I need it for localization)

I've the same with version 1.1.0.0 - it does not rename, because it creates empty directories with same name and this gives an conflict and the file itself can't be renamed.

In the template there's no creation of directories defined - I'm using this "<artist>_-_<title>_<dd>_<version>" template.

There's another issue with the renamer in version 1.1.0.0 - the first click on a property inserts it at the cursor position in the template text field, but the next click inserts the property at the beginning of the textfield.

• Like 1

I experienced the same problem on Windows 7.  The logs print an error message for every file, stating that the target file already exists. The app seems to be creating an empty directory with the same name as the target filename. Since the directory is created first, the copies all fail.  Since I tried different variants of the rename format, my dlc tree is now cluttered with thousands of empty directories.  Easy to script the cleanup, but very annoying.

Another odd bug here is that unless you open the log window first, the progress bar jumps to 100% green very quickly, while in reality the renaming process is still running in the background.  Unless you open the log window, the app gives no indication that an error has occurred.  

Here's an example directory listing (note, this is a windows machine, I just used cygwin to list the contents as it's easier and provides more data).

.NET Framework version: 4.5.2

CFSM version: 1.1.0.0

$ pwd
/cygdrive/d/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc

$ ls -la Pearl\ Jam/
total 37616
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:06 .
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  8 14:48 ..
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:01 Alone_Lost Dogs_E Standard_NA__DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:06 Alone_LostDogs_EStandard_NA__DD_p.psarc
-rwxrwx---+ 1 bob None  3947834 Mar  8  2015 AloneLostDogsNAEStandard_DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:01 Animal_Vs._E Standard_NA__DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:06 Animal_Vs._EStandard_NA__DD_p.psarc
-rwxrwx---+ 1 bob None  3704629 Dec  6  2014 AnimalVs.NAEStandard_DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:01 Better Man_Vitalogy_E Standard_NA__DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:06 BetterMan_Vitalogy_EStandard_NA__DD_p.psarc
-rwxrwx---+ 1 bob None  5469092 Mar  8  2015 BetterManVitalogyNAEStandard_DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:01 Daughter_Vs._E Standard_NA__p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:06 Daughter_Vs._EStandard_NA__p.psarc
-rwxrwx---+ 1 bob None  4891849 Jul 11 12:02 DaughterVs.NAEStandard_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:01 Dissident_Vs._E Standard_NA__DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:06 Dissident_Vs._EStandard_NA__DD_p.psarc
-rwxrwx---+ 1 bob None  3940771 Dec  6  2014 DissidentVs.NAEStandard_DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:01 Even Flow_Ten_E Standard_NA__DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:06 EvenFlow_Ten_EStandard_NA__DD_p.psarc
-rwxrwx---+ 1 bob None 11156956 Jul 11 12:02 EvenFlowTenNAEStandard_DD_p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:01 Yellow Ledbetter_Rearviewmirror (greatest hits 1991-2003) (Disc 2)_E Standard_NA__p.psarc
drwxrwx---+ 1 bob None        0 Nov  7 14:06 YellowLedbetter_Rearviewmirror(greatesthits1991-2003)(Disc2)_EStandard_NA__p.psarc
-rwxrwx---+ 1 bob None  5041503 Jul 11 12:02 YellowLedbetterRearviewmirror(greatesthits1991-2003)(Disc2)NAEStandard_p.psarc