With a C# (pun intended) arpeggio still ringing in our ears we're pleased to announce a public beta version of the tool!
Here's a quick Q&A to help you understand it's purpose:
* What's the difference between "beta" and "release"?
- Release is the version that regular user should be using in general. It's more stable and safer to use for functionalities. On the other side - Release is less often updated because of that. Beta release should use those users who want to actively commit to the process of developing the app and want to help testing newest functionalities. Important note: new beta features can be bugged and not stable, as in betas.
* What if application break my CDLCs?
- Just like with the Release version - nobody from CustomForge is responsible for what you are clicking or using. Although we try our best to prevent users from ruining their collections we can't provide 100%-safe way to use the app. Users need to remember to read messages, captions and labels to have best insight of what consequences have that particular part of the app
* How often the new versions will be released?
- We can't guarantee any static time period since it's hard to estimate how much bugfixing/implementing new features but two things we can guarantee:
1) Beta branch will be updated more frequently than Release
2) Release branch will have the same exact functionalities like the Beta. Before updating Release we will merge Beta into it, so you won't miss any new stuff using only Release
* Where should I report bugs?
- Beta Issues/Testing subforum for Beta and Issues subforum for Release