How would you transcribe this in RS

Billkwando

Question

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1917bu_l-arc-en-ciel-%E6%AD%BB%E3%81%AE%E7%81%B0-grand-cross-conclusion_music

17 seconds in, he bends the 3rd string at the 7th fret one full step, while hammering on and pulling off at the 12th, on the still-bent note. WTF, Ken! LOL

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

10 answers to this question

RS might not recognize perfectly yeah but at worst there's a status to make the note appear but not count in the final score (don't remember the name but i think it exist) which would allow to bypass the recognition and indicate the "correct" thing.

I think it's "Ignore" status. But it would be easy enough to just have the taps also be pre-bent a step, right? Though it's probably really slightly less than a step, that would be good enough to get it into the right range where Rocksmith would recognize it.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

The only way I could think of would be to:

1. chart the initial bend as normal
2. use tapping at the 12th fret for the hammer-ons (they're actually taps anyway)
3. for the "pull offs" just chart the full step bend at the 7th fret as a new note bend each time, but put a full step bend tech note directly on the note head so that it displays properly in RS. This way they will show as pre-bends without the release.

Hope that makes sense :)

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Thanks guys! That's basically what I was thinking. I'm eager to see if Rocksmith poops when I try to put a pulloff on a pre-bend. :D

- Billkwando

That's basically what I was thinking, but the taps onto the 12th fret would have their pitch increased by some amount because of the bend, no? In the mini tuner thing that shows up when you pause the game, when I tap onto a full step bend (from D to E) the tapped note also goes up almost exactly a full step (G to A).

Otherwise, cool question and solid answers.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

RS might not recognize perfectly yeah but at worst there's a status to make the note appear but not count in the final score (don't remember the name but i think it exist) which would allow to bypass the recognition and indicate the "correct" thing.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

Maybe but i'm not sure how that would like in game to know if it would be easy to sight read or not. But i guess addin a tech note for the prebend on the tapped note worth a try too.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

It appears to have worked! Sorry for the shitty video quality:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37kaqt_crazy-bend-tap_videogames

I haven't actually gotten to play it yet, but I'm guessing it should work fine. I'll check into that ignore status if it won't register right.

Thanks a bunch all!

BTW, the song's called Shi no Hai (Ashes of Death) by L'Arc~en~Ciel. I should have the custom up soon. Their guitarist does some crazy weird stuff (in general) on a lot of their songs.

Edit: It works great, but of course it always considered the 12th fret notes missed, cos of course it sounds like the 14th fret to the game. I will have to try the pre-bent taps. I missed that suggestion before, and it's a hilariously awesome.

- Billkwando

But it would be easy enough to just have the taps also be pre-bent a step, right? Though it's probably really slightly less than a step, that would be good enough to get it into the right range where Rocksmith would recognize it.

You crazy bastid. It worked! :D :D :D

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37n9ry_crazy-bend-tap-actually-works_videogames

Thanks again everybody! I might have thought of it eventually, but it would've taken A LOT longer.

• Like 1

- Billkwando

- Billkwando